Senior Software Engineer in Test
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA (HQ)
RingCentral, Inc., a leading provider of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), fosters a dynamic, success-driven, and team-oriented environment committed to delivering simple and delightful products for our customers. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spark and a passion for redefining how people communicate.
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world and is hands down the largest and fastest growing company in pure cloud business communication and collaboration space. We are committed to innovation, and we continuously out-innovate the competition. Our award-winning products are recognized leaders by Gartner and other prominent analysts. Communication is at the heart of every business, and our products enable people to do the work they want on the channel of their choice whether it’s voice, video, text or chat while eliminating the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications. We are relentlessly focused on user experience.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. We promote a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast daily as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
Drive high quality of RC Next Generation Billing System in functionality, performance and availability. Be the technical expert, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on product vision and leading development teams in test strategies, test plans, execution and reporting on quality metrics in development and in production. Focus on performance, scalability and high availability of the billing system.
Testing infrastructure and tools
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure and tests for RingCentral billing system including functional, performance, integration and HA tests.
- Integrate with deployment infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
Automated test creation and maintenance
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
- Create and drive test strategies and plans for end to end testing of RC billing system and its integration with the other RingCentral system components.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in software testing including writing test automation scenarios using Java programming language.
- Experience with messaging middleware such as RabbitMQ
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases such as Oracle or MongoDB
- Experience with container management platforms, such as Docker, Marathon or Kubernetes, is a plus
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies, such a SCRUM, is a plus
- Experience working with offshore teams is a plus
- Experience working on complex software projects
- Team player, with strong written / verbal communications skills
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer