Content Marketing Manager
Content Marketing Manager
Job type: Full-time
Department: Product Marketing
RingCentral is the industry leader in the fast-growing global cloud communications and collaboration market, with 350,000 customers worldwide. As our audience and product offering continue to expand with enterprise businesses, so does our need to build high-quality, original content.
We’re looking for an experienced Content Marketing Manager to help plan, resource, write, edit, and manage content programs that effectively communicate a unified overall narrative, attract audiences into our marketing funnel, and drive brand awareness. The ideal candidate has both a journalism background, as well as experience writing thought-leadership content for B2B technology brands. You have that unique combination of skills that help you put the customer first with compelling, journalistic, thought-provoking copy, while also understanding when and how to balance RingCentral messaging.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Content Marketing, you’ll work with our internal sales and marketing stakeholders across the company, as well as external content resources, to conceive campaign plans, define campaign content strategies, and build, edit and project-manage an integrated set of assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, write, edit, and manage from conception to completion all campaign content assets, including ebooks, white papers, webinars, infographics, videos, podcasts, customer profiles, and emails. In many cases, manage the work of freelance writers and/or outside agencies, copyediting, managing review cycles, overseeing revisions, and proofing final assets.
- Help draft overall campaign messaging and be able to communicate that messaging to a broader internal audience (and external agencies).
- Understand and appreciate the needs and challenges of RingCentral’s prospects, customers, and partners at different phases of their journey with our brand, and creatively plan and execute content that supports their needs and encourages conversion along that journey. Intimately know the difference between top, middle, and bottom of funnel content.
- Drive the discovery process that precedes campaign content, pursuing customers and partners whose stories will support the campaign and contacting them under deadline pressure to set up interview calls.
- Manage production of campaign asset promotion kits that include email, landing page, and web resource page copy.
- Understand campaign metrics-gathering processes and deliverables, analyze results, and optimize accordingly.
- Support and collaborate with web and digital teams, product marketers, corporate communications, and analyst relations teams who also contribute to the campaign plan.
- Stay up to date on leading-edge cloud communications and collaborations best practices, trends, and technology.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills—a stickler for grammar, accuracy, consistency, and clarity.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills: the ability to find timely and thought-provoking angles to our content that drive reader interest and conversion.
- 3+ years of experience in editorial, content agency, and/or brand journalism experience in the B2B technology space.
- Content strategy experience that includes content audits, gap analysis, and customer journeys.
- Experience managing content creation using freelancers and/or agencies.
- Ability to communicate with, manage, and influence across various departments and roles.
- Adept at thinking strategically, while also having a keen eye for seeing and managing the details.
- Fascination with, and understanding of, the B2B buying experience and information needs across stages.
- Ability to plan and create compelling stories across formats and channels, whether video, digital, long-form, infographics, slides, blogs, etc. Knowledge of unique process needs for each channel.
- Understanding of product roadmaps and ability to find the story and key message in product features and benefits.
- A collaborative work style that thrives in a dynamic, winning environment.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.