IT Client Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. To ensure that everyone has a healthy work-life balance, employees have a Culture Club that creates office celebrations throughout the year.Job Type: Full Time | Location: Manila, Philippines
RingCentral is looking for an IT Client Engineer who will be responsible for defining, designing, engineering, and leading the implementation, maintenance, and support of IT Network and End User Services (EUS) solutions specializing in network and client connectivity to the IT infrastructure. This position requires someone with leadership abilities, attention to detail, critical thinking with strong communications and presentation skills. This engineer is expected to engineer, design, provide project management to implement, maintain and support the hardware, software, operating system, and applications residing on the RingCentral IT environment with the sole purpose of ensuring that the IT environment adds value, is cost effective, reliable, updated, and available to RingCentral businesses and employees.
- Engineer solutions by understanding business requirements, working with end user device hardware, software, applications, network, telecom and mobility vendors and/or internal RingCentral departments on IT solution.
- Partner with vendors to evaluate, recommend, purchase, acquire the technical competencies in the solution, and complete the creation of the solution.
- Implement the solution creating the test plan, define rollout phases and identifying pilot users, create feedback mechanisms, training, and communications plans.
- Provide project management of the solution defining the project, creating a project plan, developing project description, major milestones and timelines.
- Provide improvement, engineering, development, and maintenance of IT services and IT related processes and procedures.
- Provide service and/or technology leadership owning the direction and roadmap of the IT End User Infrastructure and Network service/technology solutions.
- Design complex and efficiently operable networks to support real-time protocols focusing on a highly available site to site connectivity.
- Capacity and performance management of existing infrastructure
- Create and maintain Windows and Mac images and software deployment packages
- Follow standard ITSM/ITIL processes and procedures
- Develop standards, procedures, and other documentation
- Actively participate and be available for IT related escalations as required.
- Subject matter and policy for IT End User Infrastructure and Network services
- Fault isolation, service recovery and incident analysis
- Participate in repair/maintenance/support of IT EUS and network hardware (switches, routers, WAP, printers, PC’s, accessories, VOIP phones, mobile phones, etc.), software (MAC OSX, Windows 10, MS Office Suite, Virus and Spyware mitigation, RingCentral Meetings, etc.), and applications (Office 365, BOX, Google Apps, etc..)
- Provide deep level technical support for IT EUS and network related issues
- Ensuring timely follow up and status updates until issue is resolved
- Provide communications on all escalated issues to management and other support teams. Document progress of escalated incidents.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotations
- Continuously identify and leverage new technologies and methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, CS, MIS, Business, or related field
- Experience developing solutions/standards and supporting Wifi technologies, network infrastructure, Apple, Google and Microsoft based configurations (iPad, iOS, iPhones, MacBooks, Microsoft Windows based desktops/laptops, Android devices and related software like Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc..)
- Experience creating and maintaining Windows and MAC Images (Altiris, DeployStudio, Windows Deployment Services, El Capitan, Windows 10)
- Strong understanding with troubleshooting and problem solving IT infrastructure services (Mobile Device, Active Directory, Networking, Servers) and Applications (Software as a Service vendors like Office365, Box, Confluence, etc.).
- Well versed in Network protocols: OSI, TCP/IP and subnetting
- Hands-on design, operation and support of large, high-availability, global enterprise networks.
- Multi-vendor hardware and software environments (Juniper, Fortinet, Ruckus preferred)
- Executing best practice concepts including RFC and ISO standards, SLA's, and change management.
- Use of or knowledge in using monitoring tools (Zabbix, Nagios, Logicmonitor, Splunk, Etc.)
- IP routing protocols including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS, IP Multicast, MPLS
- IPv4 knowledge required, IPv6 knowledge preferred
- TCP/IP fundamentals (packet level analysis)
- Network protocols including TCP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTP
- Network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, routing, switching, load-balancing, monitoring
- Network applications including VoIP, encryption, SSL offloading, content delivery
- Network security including firewalls, proxies, ACL, IPSec, VPN, SSL/TLS, PKI
- Network concepts including VRRP, EtherChannel, LACP, STP, QoS
- Physical layer including Ethernet, optical OCx, SONET, T1/T3, FiberChannel
- ISP, large POP, co-location and revenue-generating network experience is a plus.
- Certifications are a plus (JNCIA, CCNA)
- Must be able to lift over 50lbs, carry desktops, laptops, printers, misc. computer peripherals
- Must be capable of navigating a push cart or hand truck.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision from direct manager
- Demonstrated analytics and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service and communications oriented skills with the ability to handle sensitive and challenging support situations with a calm and methodical approach.
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a face-paced, dynamic environment
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.