Travel Program Support Specialist
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Belmont, CA
RingCentral is looking for a Travel Program Support Specialist to join BCD Travel, our Global TCM (Travel Management Company) partner as a full-time employee. BCD Group was founded in 1975; it developed its corporate travel management entity and has since become one of the top three global TMCs. BCD operates in over 100 countries and employees close to 13,500 individuals. BCD’s client retention rate has been 95% for the past 10 years.
Although Travel Program Support Specialist will be BCD Travel’s FTE, he/she will be reporting directly to RingCentral’s Director of Global Travel. Potential career growth and advancement opportunities include Account/Program Management roles within BCD Organization. This is a perfect opportunity for someone interested in building a long-term career path in Corporate Travel field.
The main responsibility of the Support Specialist will be to provide on-going support to RingCentral’s Director of Global Travel by building and evolving the company’s Global travel program and policy; contribute to program’s key objectives including cost-savings, travelers’ compliance and productivity, management visibility, policy control and duty of care (travelers’ security and safety). Another key aspect of this role is communicating with internal stakeholders in procurement, finance, accounting, HR, legal, sales, etc., as well as with international office’s travel contacts to ensure interdepartmental and organizational alignment.
- Support implementation and maintenance of new travel policies, rules, procedures and tools to increase travel program’s efficiency, including system tests.
- Support Director of Global Travel in conducting financial analysis, and travel program ROI model.
- Serve as key point of contact for travelers for business travel-related inquiries, policy questions, issues, and concerns.
- Identify areas where RingCentral has exceeded contractual volume/spend commitments for potential supplier contract re-negotiations.
- Analyze travel patterns, recommend cost saving opportunities and traveler productivity enhancements.
- Start and maintain a new RingCentral’s internal “Road Warrior” social media group.
- Conduct on-going travel program administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Resolve corporate travel related problems, communication and instruction decks, guides, tutorials for various travel-related workflows
- Conduct research and benchmarking checks
- Perform test searches in Concur Travel to identify opportunities for booking work flow optimization.
- Review quarterly travel reports and create executive summaries for each RingCentral’s organizational leader while highlighting positive results/changes for his/her team and emphasizing opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Travel & Hospitality or in a similar field
- 5+ years’ experience in travel & hospitality on the supplier side (hotel, airline), travel agency administration, Travel Agent, corporate travel management company, vendor/supplier management, procurement, data analytics & reporting, on-line booking tool
- Exceptional organization skills, high attention to detail and focus
- Technology savvy with extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to execute sound judgment and apply logic in high-pressure fast-pace environment.
- Flexibility, adaptability to change and ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- High level of problem solving and analytical skills.
- Inquisitive mindset, positive attitude with natural drive for taking initiative and getting things done.
- Knowledge of Concur Travel on-line booking tool.
- Understanding of international travel regulations, global travel protocols, customs, international passport and visa requirements, currencies exchange, travel payment practices and corporate expense & reimbursement.
- Experience in T&E reporting, processing, and data analysis.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.