Senior Software Engineer - Contact Center
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, market capitalization of over $18 billion and we are very excited to have surpassed our previous goal of a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate ahead of schedule.
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
We’re creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
Job Type: Full-Time | Location: Boulder, Colorado
RingCentral is the market leader in integrated communication products with telephone, video conferencing, messaging and contact center software. Our contact-center products power mission-critical systems for businesses large and small, require unrivaled uptime, unlimited scalability, enormous flexibility to support any business need or workflow, and an exemplary user experience. To meet these needs, we are searching for the best engineers to help expand, grow and mentor our local and remote engineering teams, and participate in scaling our world-class products.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the RingCentral Engineering team in our Boulder, CO office. In the Senior Software Engineer role, you will work alongside a team of engineers and in close collaboration with engineering leadership and architects to design, document, and build new solutions in a microservice-oriented, distributed, high performance enterprise SaaS platform.
You’ll work with local and remote software teams throughout RingCentral’s global software engineering organization. In this position, you will be expected to take on technically challenging projects, create proof of concepts, mentor other software engineers, perform code reviews, and help us deliver high quality testable software at scale.
You should be motivated, organized, excited about technology and SaaS products, a thorough critical thinker, and relentless when it comes to code quality, scalability, latency, and platform stability. Our culture is open, constructive, and without airs. We value teamwork and collaboration and we would love to hear from you if you are up for a challenge.
- Design and develop new systems to meet the growing needs of the product and customer
- Enhance or overhaul existing systems to ensure continued success over time
- Develop technical specifications and engineering documentation for planning and reference
- Help assess impact and risk to business on various technology decisions
- Mentorship and code-reviews of engineers
- Help engineers get “un-stuck” when they run into technical problems
- Help create code quality and testing standards and ensure they are being met by engineering teams
- Work with local and report teams in consultative and collaborative capacities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and equivalent practical experience.
- Proven ability to learn complex, distributed systems quickly and thoroughly
- Proven ability to document complex systems, networks, events and architectures
- 10+ years software engineering experience
- Strong Java / Spring experience
- Strong Experience with event driven, microservice architecture
- Strong experience with MySQL / Amazon Aurora / Hibernate / JDBC
- Demonstrable experience in a SaaS delivery environment
- Experience mentoring engineers
- Data stream technology experience (Kafka) preferred
- NoSQL document storage experience preferred
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.