Senior Systems Developer
Senior Systems Developer
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Belmont, CA
Department: IT - Enterprise Applications
Traditionally, business communications comprised a series of inflexible, expensive, and disparate systems: on-premises hardware–based private branch exchanges, or PBX systems, which are still prevalent in businesses today. The emergence of the cloud and SaaS business models, combined with the proliferation of smartphones and tablets, as well as the corresponding new paradigms in user experiences, has revolutionized how people communicate. RingCentral is leading the charge in
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $6 billion. With +$600 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
We are looking for a full-time Senior Systems Developer to join the IT team in our RingCentral’s Belmont Campus. In this position, you will work with management, architects and engineers to help implement the product roadmap. You will be responsible for designing, documenting and building new solutions in our enterprise SaaS platforms ecosystem, specifically using NetSuite ERP, Workday development tools.
- Design and develop new systems to meet the growing needs of the business and customer
- Enhance or overhaul existing systems to ensure continued success over time
- Help assess impact and risk to business on various technology decisions
- Help create code quality, code versioning and testing standards and ensure they are being met by engineering teams
- Interview cross functional teams to elicit business requirements
- Acts as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Analyze existing and future state business processes, systems and flows of data
- Develop and maintain documentation related to developing and modifying business processes and systems
- Partner with business, internal and external technology teams to define associated system requirements and solutions
- Excellent negotiation, influencing, collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
- Participate in systems implementation projects (requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution)
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs to align with macro vision and strategy
- Mentor and help bring up to speed the junior developers
- Good functional and configuration level understanding of one or more areas including but not limited to NetSuite System Administration, Order Management, Invoicing, Item Master, Revenue Recognition, Taxation, Customer Billing etc.
- Strong techno-functional experience in NetSuite Development tools and technologies such as SuiteScripting, SuiteFlow, SuiteCloud is needed.
- Experience in XSLT, XTT, XML and object-oriented development including Java is a must
- Experience in Workday development is a plus.
- Experience in MySQL, Oracle Database, SQL queries will be preferred.
- Experience with building web services integrations (REST/SOAP)
- Proven ability to learn complex, distributed systems quickly and thoroughly
- Document complex systems, processes, events and architectures
- Understanding of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a plus
- Operates with high integrity and transparency
- Ability to deliver high quality results while working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be customer centric and have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships
- Must be a self-starter, deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Can Do and Open to Learn Attitude Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR Information Systems OR Business Management OR related field and equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience implementing, configuring, customizing, developing and integrating one or more SaaS software (e.g.: Workday, NetSuite, Salesforce et al)
- Must exhibit strong security and confidentiality practices with systems that handle sensitive data
- Advanced knowledge of software and spreadsheet applications, complex formula and macro creation required (Excel - Macros, PivotTables, VLOOKUP)
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) provides cloud computing based business phone systems designed for today's mobile and distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communication for modern, flexible business environments. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California.
RingCentral is an EEOC employer.