Director, Product Management - RingCentral Applications
Director, Product Management, RingCentral Applications
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Belmont, CA
Department: Product Management
Traditionally, business communications comprised a series of inflexible, expensive, and disparate systems: on-premises hardware–based private branch exchanges, or PBX systems, which are still prevalent in businesses today. The emergence of the cloud and SaaS business models, combined with the proliferation of smartphones and tablets, as well as the corresponding new paradigms in user experiences, has revolutionized how people communicate. RingCentral is leading the charge in
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $6 billion. With +$600 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
The RingCentral Applications Product Management team is responsible for the flagship native mobile and desktop RingCentral app that unifies messaging, calling and meeting. As part of this team the Director Product Management, RC Apps position is a high-visibility role responsible for significant ownership of the roadmap of new features on mobile and desktop for RC Apps. You will be responsible end-to-end to deliver a delightful and seamless user experience as well as the orchestration of back-end services.
This role will work across the company to ensure that we have a competitive product strategy and a plan to deliver the next wave of best-in-class communication and collaboration software. You will work side-by-side with a dedicated engineering team, designers, user researchers, marketers and sales reps to build and deliver products that people and companies love.
You love making products that deliver seamless user experiences on mobile and desktop. You understand that great products balance simplicity and robust features to solve user and business needs. You also enjoy tapping the left side of the brain and quantifying your decisions by analyzing data and setting up proper measurement and reporting for each feature launched. You are equally proficient with mobile and desktop apps. You have an innate understanding of SaaS back-ends and how apps interact with servers to deliver the final user experience.
- Product owner of critical areas of the unified RingCentral applications product roadmap for desktop and mobile across message, call and meet
- End to end delivery of customer visible features including planning, specification, orchestration, delivery, post-delivery metrics
- Specification of requirements for server-side functionality and APIs required for app features
- Collaboration with multiple geographically distributed PM and Engg teams
- Cross-functional collaboration with Product Marketing, Sales and Support
- Leadership of team members to create a culture of excellence
Qualifications / Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or a related field required
- 10+ years of product management experience in a business SaaS product
- 8+ years of PM experience delivering delightful user experiences in browser-based apps or native iOS/Android apps
- 5+ years of experience in business messaging or meetings or telephony highly desirable
- 3+ years of software development or engineering management experience is a strong plus
- Demonstrated end-to-end understanding on client (desktop and mobile) and server of how SaaS applications work
- High dynamic range to think strategically but also delve into details and specifics
- Demonstrated strong bias for action and getting things done
- Ability to handle a growing, fast paced, dynamic and changing environment
- Experience in PM role with geographically distributed teams
- Highly empathetic with users, customers, partners, and co-workers
- Effective written and presentation skills
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today’s leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.