Security Data Engineer Intern
Security Data Engineering Internship
RingCentral hosts over 30 interns each summer from colleges nationwide. We have a network of over 17k professionals who are looking for new and fresh ideas from students like you. At RingCentral, we will show you how to leverage your passion, focus, and experience to change the cloud business communications industry. Bring your “A game” and we’ll show you what it’s like to work at a fast-growing and ground-breaking company.
RingCentral, Inc. is an award-winning global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on premise systems, RingCentral solutions empower today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today’s leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows.
“At RingCentral, our employees are highly motivated to work collaboratively as one entity to achieve the ultimate goal of dominating the industry. There are no limits to what a creative and driven mind can do at a company where the sky is endless – not the limit. I feel like every day I make a difference here. It is exciting to work at such a fast-growing and ground-breaking company.”
-Kate Carmack, Talent Brand & Program Manager
Join us at RingCentral to explore a professional environment and have fun while exploring something you’re passionate about. Work hard, play hard vibes! This is an exciting opportunity to try something new and take an active role in the growth of a thriving, public company. Apply now so you can put your passion to work!
- Develop an analytics dashboard using log and data visualization tools, resulting in a central location that displays security data, and metrics (Example: visualization of security events consolidated from multiple tools, long tail analysis and server hardening data)
- Develop a data analysis view that shows privileged account usage
- Automate the logging and de-duplication of JIRA tickets from one or more security tools
- Review and investigate security and fraud alerts (digital forensics and incident response activities)
- Revise digital forensic and incident response playbooks
- Implement new security detections using various tools (ie IDS or SIEM rules and/or automated log analysis)
- Other automation and data collection tasks
- Ability to lead projects and work with multiple stakeholders and teams
- Excellent written communication skills
- Analytical thinking and trouble shooting skills; problem solver; ability to recommend solutions to the problems you’ve identified
- Ability to use report generation features in various products to schedule ongoing reports
- Familiarity with information security frameworks such as NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, and TrustServices Principles are a plus but not required
- Windows and Linux system administration and skills
- Script writing ability: Linux shell, Python and/or Powershell, SQL
- Experience using Visio and MS Office to create technical documentation and presentations is a plus
- Cyber security knowledge/experience are a plus
- Knowledge of these applications are a plus but not required: Jira, Qualys, ELK Stack, Fortinet, Snort/Sourcefire, Hadoop, Tableau
- Obtain experience with digital forensic and incident response techniques, and gain experience documenting step-by-step response procedures for use by multiple departments
- Obtain experience with planning, building and maintaining dashboards and reports for security data using data analysis and visualization tools
- Obtain experience with data collection for security purposes
- Obtain experience evaluating and triaging software security bugs
- Obtain experience working cross functionally with other departments to provide security education and enablement those teams (i.e. distribute security knowledge to other departments)
Visit the links below to know more about the company, internships and job openings.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) provides cloud computing based business phone systems designed for today's mobile and distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communication for modern, flexible business environments. RingCentral is headquartered in San Mateo Belmont, California.RingCentral is an EEOC employer.