Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
We’re looking for a standout technical writer to join our team working on world-class post-sales self-service content. If you’re a passionate and motivated writer and editor, we’d love to hear from you.
In this position, you’ll be joining the RingCentral Global Self-Service team in our Manila office. Here you’ll work with information architects, technical writers, product managers, engineers, support staff, product experts, and various company stakeholders to help contribute to the contact center product line’s growing knowledge base.
You’ll be responsible for technical writing, copy editing, content management, and general oversight of the quality of the work you touch. The output will be visible to both internal and external users and is ultimately critical to the continued success and competitiveness of our product offering.
You should be self-motivated, organized, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and passionate about learning new and emerging technologies. You must be skilled in copy editing and content editing. This position will require you to review and edit content with an eye for maintaining company guidelines as well as product style, tone, and branding.
In this position you’ll be working closely with remote workers in other countries, on a team whose success depends on collaboration and open communication. Please be comfortable with engaging in a close-knit team dynamic. On this team, we’ll expect you to bring your thoughts and ideas to the table. We expect and fully welcome your contributions, so please be prepared to share your expertise.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Copy editing documentation
- Content editing to best of knowledge, working directly with PMs / SMEs
- Rewriting documentation as needed
- Identifying ways to improve structure and flow of content
- Fact-checking to ensure names, dates, settings information, screenshot depictions, etc. are all correctly represented
- Maintaining content management systems
- Publishing content to delivery mechanisms
- Gaining in-depth familiarity with platform workings (all products)
- Potentially serving as contact person for one or more topics
- Verifying (fact-checking) and approving content
- Ensuring company guidelines are met for style, tone, branding, etc.
- Contributing to overall content strategy, including content workflow and information architecture
- Creating, maintaining, and updating tracking materials
- Creating, maintaining, and updating process-oriented sheets, sites, checklists, etc.
- Documenting and refining content production, management, and editorial processes
- Serving as a resource to manager(s), team leads, and other team members
- Serving as a resource to content creators on other teams
- Staying abreast of platform changes and updating documentation as needed
- Creating content (including content design, technical writing, and media/asset creation)
- Participating in meetings as needed to share editorial expertise
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills with the capability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience with Google Suite and other publishing tools
- 2+ years of proven working experience in an editor role
- 2+ years of college or related work experience
- Examples of previous written work
We ask all applicants who are serious about applying to this position to complete the following tasks:
- Please provide writing samples (three, at minimum) with your application. We are looking for a mix of technical and creative/less formal writing.
- Please complete the attached short editing assignment (about one page long) to the best of your abilities.
- Edit the text as you see fit, keeping in mind that we are aiming for simple, concise, informal/conversational, and useful content.
- Feel free to edit using any method you prefer as long as the suggestions/changes you make remain visible. We typically use Google Docs with the ‘Suggesting,’ or ‘change tracking’ function enabled, leaving notes and comments in the right-hand comments sidebar, but feel free to use whatever tool/s you prefer if that’s not the easiest method for you.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out and ask.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.