Job Type: Full Time
RingCentral provides cloud business phone systems designed for today's mobile, distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communications for modern, flexible business environments.
The RingCentral environment is fast paced, high octane, success driven, team oriented and committed to growing the business in a virtually untapped market. Do you have the ability to thrive in a startup environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
Synopsis of Role
Identify GSS networking and technical training needs, provide technical foundation skills training to newly-hired and existing GSS employees and managers according to set training standards, and measure and report on results of trainings.
- Develop a networking course customized for RingCentral Technical Support Representatives, incorporating the different technologies RingCentral is using such as cloud-based PBX solution, telecommunications, IP networking protocols, VoIP technology, server application environments, networking hardware, and call routing technologies.
- Create and manage a certification program for GSS agents.
- In conjunction with management, identify and assess training needs based on current agent level performance and GSS management performance, and through formal analysis (QA results, surveys, focus groups, data analysis) and interaction.
- Recommend GSS technical training solutions to address gaps in agent performance.
- Design and create instructional materials and job aids for training initiatives.
- Deliver program-specific learning solutions in a manner that both engages the learners and produces the desired outcomes, while using various learning methodologies (classroom, online, self-study, one-on-one coaching, web conferencing, etc.).
- Facilitate learning by creating a positive learning climate, establishing credibility as an instructor, using effective presentation and facilitation skills, adapting facilitation style and curriculum to learner needs, providing constructive feedback, managing time and group dynamics, encouraging participation, and building learner motivation.
- Work closely with product, engineering and operations teams to understand first-hand how our solution works and what future enhancements/changes are planned.
- Ensure that learning solutions are made available or delivered in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure quality of GSS technical training programs through continuous, timely, and accurate monitoring and reporting of attendance at trainings, results of individual training programs, and overall effectiveness of trainings.
- Maximize GSS team effectiveness by coaching and working individually with GSS employees and managers.
- Interface professionally with all stakeholders and team members to ensure successful outcomes.
- Use program management skills to manage GSS training programs, related deliverables, and resources against deadlines.
- Ensure the proper implementation of GSS and business policies, and Company procedures.
- Work effectively with remote management and colleagues.
- Travel domestically and internationally to perform duties as required.
- Attend additional training sessions, and perform additional duties, as required.
- Update job knowledge regularly by participating in educational opportunities, obtaining current networking certifications
Critical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of:
- Networking hardware such as switches routers and IP Phones.
- Telecom and IP networking protocols such as, ISDN, SS7, TCP/IP, RPT, MGCP, Layer 3 switching and IP Routing.
- Complex server application environments.
- Call routing technologies such as PBX, ACD.
- CCNA or other Networking Certifications such as Comptia and Juniper
- In depth understanding of VoIP protocol set and system interaction.
- Experience diagnosing hardware and network issues and implementing solutions
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to:
- Translate and articulate complex technical materials for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Establish and maintain professional credibility using excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Speak accurately using proper grammar, clear enunciation, and smooth flow in both training and business situations.
- Effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization and work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain favorable relationships with stakeholders, learners, and management.
- Focus on providing coaching and superior customer service to internal customers (i.e. GSS agents, employees and managers).
- Manage multiple projects to achieve business objectives accurately and on time.
- Use solid analytical skills and good decision-making skills to assess performance gaps and learner needs.
- Design and create a variety of instructional materials and job aids in accordance with identified standards.
- Facilitate learning using effective presentation and facilitation skills and technology in classroom, on-the-job, self-paced, web-conferencing programs, and other delivery methods.
- Stimulate and sustain learner motivation and engagement in trainings and on the job.
- Provide clarification and effective feedback to learners.
- Evaluate and report on instructional effectiveness using a variety of measurement and reporting tools.
- Use Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) with strong typing and reading comprehension skills.
- Access, interact with, interpret, and monitor online CRM applications (SFDC or similar programs).
- Comply with established ethical, moral, legal, and Company standards
Now, a little more about us...
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of cloud business communications solutions. Easier to manage and more flexible than on-premise communications systems, RingCentral’s cloud solution meets the needs of modern distributed and mobile workforces, while eliminating the expense of on-premise hardware and software. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California.