Senior Service Engineer - Video Products
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually, and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast daily as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, market capitalization of over $18 billion, and we are very excited to have surpassed our previous goal of a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate ahead of schedule.
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
We’re creating cool, disruptive products, and we need your help!
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Belmont, CA
About this role:
The RingCentral Video Service Engineering Team is based at RingCentral HQ in Belmont, CA. We work closely with local Product and other Engineering teams and remote development centers in Odessa, Ukraine, St. Petersburg, Russia and Xiamen, China.
The Service Engineering teams are responsible for break-fix, quality and reliability for core audio/video services.
The Senior Video Service Engineer is a hands-on role that will work closely with our Support Teams on one hand to take care of escalations, maintain the Knowledge Base, and with our Engineering Teams on the other hand by giving them triaged, documented and troubleshooted issues to fix.
The successful candidate will have a passion for customer success, plus some experience on real-time communication.
As a Senior Video Service Engineer at RingCentral, you will:
- Perform hands-on root cause analysis of issues and feedback reported by customers
- Engage with customers to fix complex issues that could be solved by our level 3 support team
- Escalate, involve Dev/QA/OPS teams by preparing some detailed documented and troubleshooted issues to fix
- Provide requirements on the internal troubleshooting tools to re-instrument and prevent future quality degradation
- Contribute to product and support knowledge base
- Be at the heart of developing new ideas into internal OPS/SRE tools by working closely with advanced technology and high IT professionals
- Work alongside and collaborate with OPS, engineering, and SRE teams to deliver internal automation tools, features and internal CRM services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years’ experience working in operations teams (DevOps, Infrastructure, data centers, NOC, QA, DBA)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management skills. Understands the difference between waterfall, agile, scrum and any other project management tools to effectively strike the right balance.
- Experience mentoring manager as well as line worker
- Deep understanding of the software delivery process with the ability to implement and carry out that process across the organization
- Strong experience in planning, architecting and leading software development process and standard methodologies
- Experience with complex networking technology including firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers, monitoring, security and DNS
- Expertise in BI, monitoring, and general reporting tools (Grafana, Kibana, etc)
- Have advanced level skills in Unix/Linux system and network administration and agile implementation of production systems
- Experience managing and coaching team of Technical Operations staff
- Ability to nurture and support a strong operations culture: customer/service focus; excellent technology; high quality implementations; self-motivated innovation and problem-solving.
- Understanding of the principles of operation and limitations of distributed systems
- Understanding of network performance and network protocols
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a face-pace, dynamic environment
- Passion for creating best in class products
- Experience with messaging middleware
- Experience with audio/video real-time communications
- Experience with VMWare, AWS or any other relevant cloud technologies
- Knowledge of iOS and Android
- Experience with MongoDB, Kafka
- Experience with WebRTC, RTP, signaling protocols (SIP, XMPP)
- Validated experience in voice and data network management and engineering
- Strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated ability to make effective decisions
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Proven track record to work effectively with customers, contractors, and vendors
- Ability to run numerous projects to completion
- Ability to meet deadlines and deals efficiently with a fast-paced environment
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.