General Ledger Intern
RingCentral’s Intern program, or as we like to call it — the RingTern program, is a 10-week internship. Throughout the 10-weeks, you will have the opportunity to gain “hands-on” experience of corporate life, be immersed in its active culture/community, and explore an employee’s daily life in a field of interest. The goal here is for you to acquire “real-world” experiences that will help you continue to pursue your career or reconsider your path.
Do you have a competitive edge and like to win? At RingCentral as a RingTern, you will compete for prizes with individual elevator pitches, team product challenges, off site excursions and company events. While you are here you will experience what it’s like to be part of a growing tech company that is dominating their industry, breaking down barriers and boasts a 40% ratio of intern of hire.
Our mentors strive to develop their interns into independent and confident employees. Here at RingCentral, interns are not “hand-held” or micro-managed; instead, they are encouraged to problem-solve and succeed independently.
Here are a few reasons to consider being a RingTern at RingCentral:
1) You have a competitive edge and like to win. Here, you’ll compete for prizes with individual elevator pitches, team product challenges, off-site excursions, and company events. We call it collaborative competition and it’s a great way to experience the way we work.
2) Hyper-growth, for you and your career. RingCentral is growing at an annual rate of 30%. Every year. So now is a great time to join us. It also means there are lots of interesting, real-world challenges to help us solve.
3) Mentors who are in it for you. Our mentors will work with you to help you grow and achieve your goals. No micro-management and no busy-work. The goal is to help you problem-solve and succeed independently.
So, join RingCentral as an intern this summer and discover what it feels like to win together.
Early Intern Application Deadline is March 4, 2020
Final Intern Application Deadline: April 6, 2020
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Belmont, CA
The General Ledger Intern will report to the Senior Manager of Global Accounting and will be responsible for assisting with the General Ledger function including the month-end process.
- Assist with reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Assist in reformatting bank reconciliations
- Assist in preparing journal entries
- Learn and prepare accruals and prepaid expense accounting entries
- Participate in departmental meetings on process improvements
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (or related field, i.e. Economics, Statistics)
- Must be a Junior or Senior in College to apply
- Eagerness to learn, understand and analyze general ledger data
- Participate in multiple projects
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Microsoft Excel and/or Access skills required
- Strong communication skills
- Gain an understanding of general ledger functions including journal entries and account reconciliations
- Exposure to corporate accounting department within a publicly-traded company
- Learn how to function in a fast-paced environment
- Strengthen cross-functional communication skills
- Full-time, throughout the summer of 2020 [10-week internship]
- Must be available to start either June 11thor June 25h
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.