Ruby / Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
Ruby / Ruby on Rails Software Engineer, Paris
RingCentral Engage Digital’s R&D department is looking for a full-stack Ruby developer to join its experienced team of 13 developers in its offices in the heart of Paris’s 9th district.
About RingCentral Engage Digital
RingCentral Engage Digital facilitates the digital transformation of companies by helping them expand and steer their omni-digital customer relations.
We provide a platform that assembles all the customer interactions in one place (via messaging, social media, live-chat, mobile, email) and re-distributes them automatically according to availabilities, customer profiles, or type of requests to be able to handle them more efficiently. This gives companies a full history and precise account of each interaction to analyze and better manage their activity while increasing customer satisfaction.
RingCentral Engage Digital is based on a SaaS model and benefits from international exposure working with over 100 major players across 65 countries in the Telecom, Banking, Insurance, Utilities and Entertainment industries (Orange, Ooredoo, Deutsche Bahn, Banglalink, Proximus, SFR and many more).
- 14.5 million messages treated each month
- 1 million problems solved per month
- 60+ employees
- 100+ customers
- Present in 65 countries
- 40% growth in 2017
You’ll work closely with the other R&D developers and will have a direct impact on software used by top brands to manage their customer relationship. You’ll be implementing and improving features on all parts of the stack, while monitoring the stability and performance of our applications.
You will benefit from a permanent contract with a competitive compensation package (according to your profile and experience), which includes additional statutory time off (repos compensatoire), health insurance and subsidised lunches (tickets restaurant).
We are very serious about our products but we also like to relax, for example we have a permanent football table contest and regularly schedule drinkups.
You’ll benefit from good working conditions: dual screen, good seating, standing desk and powerful linux/mac boxes.
The ideal candidate
You are a Ruby developer with solid technical grounding and are hungry for technical challenges. You enjoy writing ruby code but also like working on the front-end side of things. You have good analytical and problem solving skills. You are both independent and a team player and you like things to be properly built and properly tested. You are at ease reading and writing English.
- you know Ruby on Rails well but you also master barebone Ruby
- you are interested in projects based around Ruby on Rails (Devise, Sidekiq, Capistrano…)
- you understand databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis…), their differences, and how they work
- you understand the *nix environment and associated concepts (socket blocking/non blocking, thread, process, fork…)
Other valued skills:
- experience with a high traffic/data volume project (we get 250+ dynamic requests and 500+ background jobs per second)
- experience with social network APIs (Twitter, Facebook…)
- experience in search or machine learning
- experience in native mobile apps development (iOS or Android)
- participation in open source projects, here’s our github.
- experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
How we work
- Ruby on Rails and Sinatra
- MongoDB and MySQL
- Memcached and Redis
- Passenger, Nginx and Sidekiq
- Solr and ElasticSearch for search
- Faye (websocket push server)
- Machine-learning with JRuby (and a bit of Python)
- Realtime events with WebSocket
- Testing with RSpec, Capybara, webkit, VCR, Jasmine
- Version control with git
- Merge requests with Gitlab
- Issue tracking with JIRA
- Deployment several times per day with Capistrano on dedicated servers
- Monitoring with the ELK stack