Senior Product Manager - Platform
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $6 billion. With +$600 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst quotes post Q3 earnings:
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
We’re creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
Job Type: Full time, Exempt | Location: Belmont, California
The Senior Platform Product Manager - Engage position is a high-impact role responsible for managing and growing RingCentral’s Engage omni-channel contact center platform and application ecosystem. As a Sr. Product Manager, you are the owner of the customer experience and success of your products and services, including responsibilities for driving future development and customer adoption.
This role will work with cross-functional teams to launch new products and services in partner channel. You will work with partners, business development, engineering, support, marketing, and sales to build and deliver products that people and companies love.
You will be charged with designing and delivering scalable integration with carrier partners and enabling them to successfully launch products into their wide range of market segments.
You love solving customer problems, and design solutions with existing/new technologies. You have a passion to make things happen by working with cross-functional teams. You come across as trusted and credible partner by following through on your commitments. You also have a knack to go deeper into product requirements/customer experience if needed.
- Work with engineering team, field sales, customers and partners to drive and define our developer product roadmap and provide clear requirements that deliver business value
- Plan, organize and lead growth for Engage developer platform and ecosystem
- Facilitate day-to-day communication with cross-functional peers
- Own and define product requirements for new features by combining customer feedback, market/competitive research and internal stakeholder input to produce clear, concise and thorough use cases/business requirements
- Perform and maintain competitive research among companies within the competitive landscape
- Assist in monitoring market trends and technology developments closely and help translate these into the overall product strategy
- Support go-to-market efforts, including collaboration with marketing, sales, support, customers and partners
- Define product success metrics and track success of features and products
- Plan, groom, and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent, is required.
- 5+ years in product management in a fast-paced environment, preferably in SaaS or Enterprise software. Ability to break through barriers to achieve objectives.
- Curious, collaborative, humble and empathic.
- Passion for development, developers and developer focused products.
- Significant experience writing code - for fun, college, or work. Ability to communicate effectively with our engineers and engineering management, as well as our engineering-focused customers. Significant experience with REST APIs and have real empathy with developer customers.
- Excellent written and presentation skills. Experience creating product requirements and presenting on stage to an audience of developers. Capable of taking complex issues and making them simple for customers and partners to understand
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Excel/Sheets and significant SQL experience. Ability to make decisions based on data and gut feel. Ability to get the data from multiple systems when needed.
- Strategic thinking with a broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services
- MBA or other business degree
- Computer science degree
- Knowledge of cloud voice, SMS or video communication products
- Strategic Partnership experience
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.