Sr. Operation Software Tools Developer
RingCentral provides cloud business phone systems designed for today's mobile, distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communications for modern, flexible business environments.
The RingCentral environment is fast paced, high octane, success driven, team oriented and committed to growing the business in a virtually untapped market. Do you have the ability to thrive in a startup environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
- As a key member of the Operations team you will play a daily role in finding new ways to assist in automation and optimizing many tools and applications.
- This role is to be part of a team that is local to Manila and distributed in America, Asia, and Europe.
- Contribute to feature development and support of custom LAMP applications for business tools for Phone number management and Call Routing applications
- Study trends, and participate in scaling adjustments for capacity of components, resources and sessions.
- Support team members for other LAMP stack apps
- This is a development role and we are seeking an experienced engineer that is a creative and self-motivated.
- A self-motivated 'Hacker' attitude of solving problems, and creating proof of concepts, and enjoys collaborative problem solving
Ideal candidate will have:
- A desire and passion for working with new products and ideas to create proof of concept configuration and solutions
- Ability and habit to maintain and create documentation of services developed and supported
- An assertive attitude to take initiative in seeking out solutions for problems to optimize performance and automation
- Analytical approach to troubleshooting and problem solving that is strong in isolation triage and correlation
- Team and cooperative work ethic and approach
- Understands business requirements capture and prioritization
- Explore solutions to problems with consideration of full sense of ownership
- Ability to interact with cross functional teams including Telecom, Network, Engineering, Development, Support, NOC at technical level
- Proficient at English reading and writing - Basic English verbal abilities preferred
- Excellent documentation and visual communication skills
- Ability to provide occasional support off hours
Ideal candidate will have Skills and working experience with:
- GIT/SVN - check in, check out, export, merge (Version Control Systems)
- Experience and awareness of DevOps skills (docker, kubernetes)
- Apache web servers
- Object oriented php programming experience with CI (Code Igniter) PHP framework
- MySQL db - Management and schema, replication, stored procedures and functions, create, insert, alter, grant, query
- Creating & Working with REST & SOAP APIs with PHP
- Web client to server auth cookie, sessions and tokens
- Scripting - bash, php, perl, awk, sed, HTML, CSS, xml, jquery, ajax, SMTP, crontab
- Linux - redhat, centos administration experience with industry standards and information security best practices
- Experience and awareness of web services via pool under network load balancer and DNS and SSL HTTPS certs
- TCPIP stack and Networking knowledge