Professional Services Engineer
Professional Services Build Advisor
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Denver, CO and Charlotte, NC
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We’re not a phone company; we’re a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
The Professional Services Build Advisor is a role in the Professional Services Department. As a Professional Services Build Advisor you will work in a collaborative team environment to ensure the implementation of projects is successful. You will wear a variety of hats to ensure the life cycle of project plans are completed in successful timelines. This may include working directly with our customers to ensure adoption of the RingCentral system, or working internally to complete the implementation of a project plan. Since our system is Cloud-based you must be quick to learn and tech-savvy.
The PSA may be working as several different resources assisting our Project Management team. This could be directly planning and designing a setup of an account with the customer, building out those design plans, or traveling to an onsite location to train and deploy our phone systems. There is a lot of detailed functionality that will be required to learn in order to accomplish these tasks. The culture of the Professional Services Department is highly motivated and hard working.
- Perform Build work for ProServ contracts partnering with Unified Client and Contact Center Project Managers.
- Teach customers how to initially setup their RingCentral account and all the items included within.
- Determine the causes of client pain-points and eliminate them where they hide.
- Review, teach and explain complicated call routing and how to set it up in an environment where there are five possible ways to achieve the same goal.
- Guide clients through a new world of web-based user interfaces, mobile apps, and computer-based software configurations.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills internally and client facing.
- Time Management: ensuring your calendar’s appointments are scheduled, able to track issues and questions that come up, and keeping detailed notes of what has happened throughout the entire process.
- Scheduling skills are required as a typical day could include 5 to 6 meetings, while juggling phone calls, answering emails and updating notes in between each meeting can occur.
- Ability to handle escalated issues and know when to escalate issues that require immediate attention.
- Strong technical understanding of the RingCentral solution portfolio
- Experience in handling Unified Communications platform
- Experience with porting telephone numbers (preferred)
- Strong and effective customer communication skills.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
- Must possess strong analytical skills with the ability to identify, analyze, interpret and solve both practical as well as highly complex problems.
- Must possess excellent computer skills including extensive spreadsheet knowledge, and word processing. Windows based software and Excel required. Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project preferred.
- 5+ years in customer focused role – post sales technical support
- Desired background of the contact center platform and tools (e.g InContact, Five9)
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to dive right in, be effective and make a difference.
- Occasional on-call after-hours work may be required as needed
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as OneTM from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.