Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $6 billion. With +$600 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst quotes post Q3 earnings:
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt | Location: Belmont, California
RingCentral’s Infrastructure Operations Team is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and upgrading the backend infrastructure on which we deliver our cloud-based unified communications services to customers all over the world. RingCentral Cloud Operations is engineered for 99.999% uptime with domestic and international geo-redundant data centers. As a RingCentral Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, deploying, maintaining and supporting the x86 virtualization environment including the underlying servers and storage systems at RingCentral.
RingCentral is a leading Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) provider, offering an innovating suite of telephony, contact center, video conferencing, and collaboration products for enterprise, mid-size companies, and small businesses.
- Automate regular infrastructure operations in private cloud environment (VMware)
- Create and manage tools for automation; including REST API integration script development
- Design, deploy, maintain, automate & troubleshoot virtual/physical servers and storage systems
- Develop and execute project plans for virtualization-related initiatives
- Strictly adhere to RingCentral change management policies and procedures
- Provide on-call support for server, storage and virtual infrastructure
- Required Qualifications:
- Competent in scripting (Bash, Go, Ruby, Python)
- Advanced level of proficiency with VMware (6.X) and vSphere in a large environment
- Experience with CI/CD version control systems (Jenkins, Git, SVN)
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge for maintaining Linux/Windows operating systems
- Configuration management experience (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, & Foreman)
- Solid understanding of data center networking and data center storage technologies
- 10+ years in IT, 4+ specifically related to x86 virtualization, 3+ years in automation/development
- Experience with VMware vRO/vRA and NSX
- Experience with Docker Swarm
- Familiarity with vRealize Suite (Orchestrator, Operations Manager, Automation)
- Experience with Netapp, EMC, & Isilon storage systems
- Experience integrating with public cloud providers (AWS, Google, Azure)
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.