Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Belmont, CA
Traditionally, business communications comprised a series of inflexible, expensive, and disparate systems: on-premises hardware–based private branch exchanges, or PBX systems, which are still prevalent in businesses today. The emergence of the cloud and SaaS business models, combined with the proliferation of smartphones and tablets, as well as the corresponding new paradigms in user experiences, has revolutionized how people communicate. RingCentral is leading the charge in
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $6 billion. With +$600 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
RingCentral’s Infrastructure Operations Team is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and upgrading the backend infrastructure on which we deliver our cloud-based unified communications services to customers all over the world. RingCentral Cloud Operations is engineered for 99.999% uptime with domestic and international geo-redundant data centers. As a RingCentral Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, deploying, maintaining and supporting the x86 virtualization environment including the underlying servers and storage systems at RingCentral.
RingCentral is a leading Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) provider, offering an innovating suite of telephony, contact center, video conferencing, and collaboration products for enterprise, mid-size companies, and small businesses.
- Automate regular infrastructure operations in private cloud environment (VMware)
- Create and manage tools for automation; including REST API integration script development
- Design, deploy, maintain, automate & troubleshoot virtual/physical servers and storage systems
- Develop and execute project plans for virtualization-related initiatives
- Strictly adhere to RingCentral change management policies and procedures
- Provide on-call support for server, storage and virtual infrastructure
- Required Qualifications:
- Competent in scripting (Bash, Go, Ruby, Python)
- Advanced level of proficiency with VMware (6.X) and vSphere in a large environment
- Experience with CI/CD version control systems (Jenkins, Git, SVN)
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge for maintaining Linux/Windows operating systems
- Configuration management experience (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, & Foreman)
- Solid understanding of data center networking and data center storage technologies
- 10+ years in IT, 4+ specifically related to x86 virtualization, 3+ years in automation/development
- Experience with VMware vRO/vRA and NSX
- Experience with Docker Swarm
- Familiarity with vRealize Suite (Orchestrator, Operations Manager, Automation)
- Experience with Netapp, EMC, & Isilon storage systems
- Experience integrating with public cloud providers (AWS, Google, Azure)
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today’s leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.