Director, PMO - Infrastructure
Director, PMO - Infrastructure
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA
Department: Cloud Operations
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We’re not a phone company; we’re a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.We’re creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
The Director, PMO - Infrastructure is responsible for managing a portfolio of infrastructure programs and ensuring business value meets or exceeds stakeholder expectations. This includes ensuring programs are aligned with the strategic business plan and have business sponsorship, appropriate business. Provide program and project management methodology leadership and supervision to direct project managers, who are responsible for leading projects that design and implement information technology initiatives that support the strategic objectives of the company.
This position is also responsible for providing program status reports to the Business Stakeholders. This role reports directly to the AVP of Cloud Infrastructure Operations. The position works closely with the other PMO leads to govern the strategic alignment, demand management and delivery management of programs.
Areas of Focus:
- Program/Project Management Governance: This involves establishing frameworks for robust project management, including: program/project management methodologies
- Broadening and maturing the overall PMO practice in terms of education, process, and tool improvements
- Portfolio Management: This involves strategic planning, roadmap development and orchestration, execution and reporting transparency.
- Ensure new program ideas are aligned to strategic goals and have valid business cases, business funding and measurable benefits.
- Work with Leadership Team and Business Sponsors to prioritize programs in the program funnel. Ensure the program portfolio provides an optimal return on investment, while working within headcount and expense constraints.
- Work and collaborate with Customers (e.g., Product, Sales, HR, Finance, Consumables, etc.) to ensure programs/projects deliver solutions that meet or exceed time, quality, cost and benefit expectations.
- Review new program submissions to ensure information accuracy, thoroughness, completeness and compliance with IT standards.
- Provide program reviews, status updates of the programs, projects and resources for assigned program portfolio. Provide explanations for key variances and issues
- Provide program portfolio financial information to enable the creation of the financial plan.
- Provide, to the on-site and remote Project Managers, the leadership and support required to plan and deliver timely, cost effective and quality project deliverables in accordance with project management and solution delivery methodologies.
- Advise Project Managers on the management of project scope, issues, schedules, requirements, resource assignments/allocations, deliverables, budgets, risks and communications. Assess the performance of programs, projects and project managers.
- Provide leadership and guidance to multiple, concurrent programs and projects, while working in a global matrix-managed team environment.
- Identify and effectively resolve issues and conflicts within and among project team(s). Conduct regularly scheduled program/project status and issue reviews with Project Managers.
- Ensure appropriate business and resources are engaged and committed during the program/project life cycle.
- Maintain the overall roadmap for assigned program portfolio.
- Enhance/Improve the tools and processes across all ITS PMO organizations.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline
- Management of a team of Project Managers
- 7+ years of experience in project management and methodologies
- 2+ years of P&L or Financial management experience
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams in the execution of large, complex and concurrent infrastructure projects
- Strong project management, customer service and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM Development strategies
- Excellent communication, facilitation and listening skills
- Strong negotiation, team working and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- PMP – PMI Project Management Professional Certification
- CMM/CMMi Experience
- Experience running network and telco infrastructure projects is good to have
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today’s leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.