Global Enterprise Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance with office celebration throughout the year and a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide high value implementation and support to our largest enterprise customers. You will need to love solving tricky problems, moving fast and working proactively with customers. You will deliver value to customers by helping them get the most out of their RingCentral service. This will include helping them setup and optimize their hosted PBX solution to meet their business needs. It will also involve helping them troubleshoot their network, router, firewall and ISP connections to optimize their VOIP quality of service. Your technical work will enable seamless integration of RingCentral into their business.
- Apply expert knowledge of RingCentral services, VoIP technology, networking hardware and software
- Provide premium implementation and technical support to RingCentral’s largest customers
- Plan, design, install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair RingCentral’s solutions
- Understand network architecture required to support RingCentral’s VoIP services
- Recommend network hardware, software and design elements
- Answer difficult technical questions, solve technical problems and suggest appropriate workarounds
- Utilize network performance monitoring tools to isolate and root cause issues
- Provide quick and accurate handling of support interactions – phone, chat, screen-sharing, email
- Typically, 2+ yrs. experience in customer focused role - post-sales technical support
- Experience with VOIP technology and terminology including SIP, RTP, QoS, COS, codecs
- Knowledgeable in advanced network troubleshooting and terminology including LAN/WAN, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, PBX deployment, TCP/IP (IPv4), DNS, etc.
- Any networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus - Cisco CCNA or equivalent is desirable
- Experience configuring, updating and supporting VOIP solutions in a multi-location environment
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to dive right in, be effective and make a difference
- Degree in Computer Science Preferred Networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, sound judgement, strong analytical skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of all functions and related tasks in telephone service delivery
- Knowledge of Local Number Portability
- Knowledge of telephone products and services
- Knowledge of telephone regulations for customer service and service delivery
- Knowledge of service trouble shooting diagnostic procedures
- Knowledge of IP network architecture, equipment, and software
- Knowledge of general accounting and billing procedures
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, telephone billing systems, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience related Work Experience Number of Years
- Ideally +2 years of experience in Telecommunications and Customer service and Technical Support experience
- Must be fluent in French and English
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.