Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Department: IT & Business Services
RingCentral provides cloud business phone systems designed for today's mobile, distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communications for modern, flexible business environments.
The RingCentral environment is fast paced, high octane, success driven, team oriented and committed to growing the business in a virtually untapped market. Do you have the ability to thrive in a startup environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
Seeking a highly-motivated senior data engineer with relevant background in Big Data and Linux application administration and a passion for problem-solving to join our innovative team of engineers.
As part of the Operations team, you will be expected to:
- Automate and optimize various tools and applications under the RingCentral’s suite of tools that are vital to improving its cloud-based communication and collaboration business
- Apply solutions to new or current projects using Big Data and web development
- Continuously innovate, study, and apply relevant trends to new or current projects
- Collaborate with colleagues in the US and lead the team of data engineers in Manila
An ideal candidate must have the following work experience:
- Big Data – Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Linux OS and scripting – Bash, Python, Perl
- Database – MySQL
- Redis, Memcached, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Stream Processing
- Linux App administration
Good to have knowledge in:
- Machine Learning
- DevOps and AWS experience
- Object-oriented programming
An ideal candidate must have:
- A desire and passion for innovation, working on new products and ideas to create proof of concept solutions for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge in working with Agile teams.
- Assertiveness and proactivity in problem-solving and coming up with new ideas.
- Ability to understand business requirements and customer use cases.
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work & collaborate with a team.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation for supported projects.
- Capability and willingness to be on-call