Data Engineering Intern
RingCentral’s Intern program, or as we like to call it — the RingTern program, is a 10-week internship. Throughout the 10-weeks, you will have the opportunity to gain “hands-on” experience of corporate life, be immersed in its active culture/community, and explore an employee’s daily life in a field of interest. The goal here is for you to acquire “real-world” experiences that will help you continue to pursue your career or reconsider your path.
Do you have a competitive edge and like to win? At RingCentral as a RingTern, you will compete for prizes with individual elevator pitches, team product challenges, off site excursions and company events. While you are here you will experience what it’s like to be part of a growing tech company that is dominating their industry, breaking down barriers and boasts a 40% ratio of intern of hire.
Our mentors strive to develop their interns into independent and confident employees. Here at RingCentral, interns are not “hand-held” or micro-managed; instead, they are encouraged to problem-solve and succeed independently.
Here are a few reasons to consider being a RingTern at RingCentral:
1) You have a competitive edge and like to win. Here, you’ll compete for prizes with individual elevator pitches, team product challenges, off-site excursions, and company events. We call it collaborative competition and it’s a great way to experience the way we work.
2) Hyper-growth, for you and your career. RingCentral is growing at an annual rate of 30%. Every year. So now is a great time to join us. It also means there are lots of interesting, real-world challenges to help us solve.
3) Mentors who are in it for you. Our mentors will work with you to help you grow and achieve your goals. No micro-management and no busy-work. The goal is to help you problem-solve and succeed independently.
So, join RingCentral as an intern this summer and discover what it feels like to win together.
Job Type: Internship | Location: Belmont, California
At RingCentral, our team is focused on providing a suite of services to business functions including dashboards & reporting, ad hoc analysis, predictive models and data pipeline building and management. We are looking for a passionate intern to work with the Business intelligence and Data Science team on some of the ongoing projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be in Junior or Senior year in college to apply
- Must have good communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to build ad-hoc reporting using Tableau.
- Experience and good knowledge with SQL.
- Knowledge of Python programming.
- Fair understanding of ETL/ELT methodologies for data ingestion/migration.
- Excellent analytical skills. Out of the box thinking.
- Curiosity and tenacity to work on different data related to technological tasks.
Learning Skills/ Outcomes:
- Exposure to teamwork.
- Experience working on challenging real-world scenarios.
- Hands-on experience working with analytical/database applications such as Oracle, Hadoop, Vertica, Tableau, Python.
- Understanding of IT systems and processes in an enterprise setting.
Visit the links below to know more about the company, internships and job openings:
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.