IT Deskside Support Intern
RingCentral’s Intern program, or as we like to call it — the RingTern program, is a 10-week internship. Throughout the 10-weeks, you will have the opportunity to gain “hands-on” experience of corporate life, be immersed in its active culture/community, and explore an employee’s daily life in a field of interest. The goal here is for you to acquire “real-world” experiences that will help you continue to pursue your career or reconsider your path.
Do you have a competitive edge and like to win? At RingCentral as a RingTern, you will compete for prizes with individual elevator pitches, team product challenges, off site excursions and company events. While you are here you will experience what it’s like to be part of a growing tech company that is dominating their industry, breaking down barriers and boasts a 40% ratio of intern of hire.
Our mentors strive to develop their interns into independent and confident employees. Here at RingCentral, interns are not “hand-held” or micro-managed; instead, they are encouraged to problem-solve and succeed independently.
Here are a few reasons to consider being a RingTern at RingCentral:
1) You have a competitive edge and like to win. Here, you’ll compete for prizes with individual elevator pitches, team product challenges, off-site excursions, and company events. We call it collaborative competition and it’s a great way to experience the way we work.
2) Hyper-growth, for you and your career. RingCentral is growing at an annual rate of 30%. Every year. So now is a great time to join us. It also means there are lots of interesting, real-world challenges to help us solve.
3) Mentors who are in it for you. Our mentors will work with you to help you grow and achieve your goals. No micro-management and no busy-work. The goal is to help you problem-solve and succeed independently.
So, join RingCentral as an intern this summer and discover what it feels like to win together.
Job Type: Internship | Location: Belmont, CA
The primary responsibility is to provide support IT End User Services (EUS) for the company. The IT Deskside Support Intern will help provide site IT support and operations for the hardware, software, operating system, and applications residing on the RingCentral IT environment with the sole purpose of ensuring that the IT environment adds value, is cost-effective, reliable, updated, and available to RingCentral businesses and employees.
- Currently enrolled in a degree program in Information Technology, CS, MIS, Business, or related field
- Must be in Junior or Senior year in college to be considered
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to follow technical instructions and track completed tasks as related to assigned projects
- Technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Time management skills required
- Flexibility in a shift can allow the opportunity to see a wider range of IT initiatives and projects
- IT Hardware and software troubleshooting experience preferred
- Experience with deploying and supporting end-user IT cloud services
- Working knowledge of company IT key processes and procedures
- Ability to learn and use cutting edge UCAAS technologies in a corporate environment
- Project Management skills
- Process improvement skills
- IT Asset Management, Receiving, Tracking, and Retirement
- Laptop provisioning and support
- IT Onboarding for new hires
- IT Services End User Support
- Full-time, throughout the summer of 2020 [10-week internship]
- Must be available to start either June 9th or June 16th
Visit the links below to know more about the company, internships and job openings:
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.