Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Rightpoint is an award-winning digital agency and technology consulting firm. The company brings industry-focused business strategy and technology expertise together with user experience design and creative services to help organizations transform the way they do business.
Rightpoint's digital marketing solutions create brand advocacy and enhance the customer experience through digital channels to accelerate business growth. Rightpoint's enterprise solutions improve operational performance and increase employee productivity within an organization to drive increased profitability. Rightpoint delivers world-class business solutions in areas such as collaboration, social business, CRM, web, digital strategy, mobile, business intelligence, and cloud. The company is deeply rooted in a collaborative, “intrapreneurial” culture with a passion to “WOW” clients.
Based in Chicago, we attract highly qualified professionals with the right combination of business, strategy, creative, and technical skills. Our consultants participate in the growth of an energetic, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial-minded firm with challenging consulting engagements. We are passionately driven to make a personal impact on both the growth and success of the company and our clients. Recent accolades include being named one of the Top 20 Best Places to Work in Chicago in 2013 by Crain's Chicago Business, one of the Seven Small Jewels in 2013 by Consulting Magazine, and among Chicago’s Top 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in 2012 & 2013.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will serve as a technical SME for IT Ops and DevOps. As the Senior Developer, he/she will be responsible for leading the administration and support of enterprise applications within Microsoft Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services, and Rackspace. The architect needs to have the aptitude to lead the requirements gathering, analysis, design, and implementation of solutions in public Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). As the technical lead for the IT Ops and DevOps Practice the solution arch will oversee the technical delivery of IT Ops and DevOps.
The team lead will have organizational and delivery responsibility. He / She will have management and leadership responsibilities for the Rightpoint IT Ops and DevOps team in Jaipur India.
- Provide technical leadership for Rightpoint IT Ops and DevOps Team
- Implement, Administer and Support cloud Infrastructure solutions including Virtual Machines, cloud services and virtual network configurations
- Implement, Administer and Support Highly Available solutions in multiple environments such as Azure Load Balancing services, Active Directory Federation Services and Web Application Proxy configurations
- Apply security fundamentals and best practices in the design and implementation of solutions
- Provide technical leadership for the management, operations, and support of cloud solutions post implementation
- Collaborate with internal Application Development team as well as our clients to implement consistent Development and Production environment leveraging DevOps best practices
- Provide technical guidance for onboarding new environment into IT Ops and DevOps with an end to end solution focus
- Act as a technical escalation for troubleshooting complex issues
- Act as an incident manager
- A minimum of 5 years progressive IT experience is required
- 5+ years’ experience working with Cloud technologies (Microsoft, AWS, Rackspace) required
- 5+ years’ experience with Microsoft Azure and O365
- 5+ years’ experience in consulting or digital agency
- 2+ years’ experience in leading
- Hands-on knowledge of the Microsoft Stack of Technologies
- Hands-on knowledge of network security and compliance is preferred (encryption, security audit)
- Hands-on knowledge of Networking (VPN, firewalls, switching, load balancers, DNS, CDN)
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail for documentation (design documentation, processes/procedures, environment diagrams, etc.)
- Experience with web delivered technologies (IIS, Sitecore, EpiServer, SharePoint)
- Experience with management platforms such as SCCM, SCOM, OMS, Application Insights
- Experience with PowerShell and advanced scripting languages
- Experience with virtualization solution architecture including Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware is a plus
- Working knowledge of email technologies (Exchange, mail routing, mail security filtering, etc.)
- Focus on making yourself and those around you great.
- Motivation with an emphasis on team performance.
- Eagerness to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone.
- Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented.
- Exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
What’s it like to work at Rightpoint?
Recently Crain’s ranked Rightpoint among the “Top 20 Best Places to Work in Chicago.” Why? In large part because Rightpoint walks the talk in term of its culture. Rightpoint has a set of 7 values and uses them as a compass. In addition, Rightpointers have passion for their work. They want to build something and enjoy solving complex problems every day in a collaborative environment. Our founders wanted to foster a culture where team members feel challenged yet love what they are doing so much so that they envision Rightpoint being the last stop in their career.
We hire A-Players because we are working on cutting-edge projects and our clients expect solutions that will WOW them. We help some of Chicago’s top businesses find solutions to their digital needs. After we deliver our solutions, we ask our clients a very basic question. On a scale of 1-10, “How likely would you be to refer us to a friend or colleague?” – We strive for an average of 9, and are currently exceeding that goal. We ask the same question of our employees: “On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to recommend Rightpoint to a friend as a place to work?” And, we’re proud to say that our average score exceeds 9 on that front too.
Why do the best want to work here? The reasons vary but, for many, it’s because they are challenged by their work and because they get to work with some of the most influential companies in Chicago. The icing on the cake is that they also have a great time doing it! We take our work very seriously but ourselves? Not so much. At Rightpoint’s offices, conference rooms have names like Hickory, Dickory, and Dock and we have a “WOW” Wall where Rightpointers and our clients can recognize accomplishments of colleagues by filling out a “Holy Sheet!”
What are some other things that add to the texture of Rightpoint? We thrive to give back to the community and have a Compassion Crew that organizes regular events. Our Culture Club ensures that our culture is engrained in everything we do and we stay consistent with our values. Oh, and did we mention we have a Keg in our kitchen where we gather around most Fridays for a “Rightpint” Happy Hour? And we cater in lunch every other Friday? Those are just a few examples of what makes Rightpoint a truly great place to work.