Development Internship / Co-op (Web/.NET/Android/iOS) - Spring/Summer 2020
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Azek, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
What You’ll Do
Rightpoint is seeking Internship and Co-Op students to help engineer beautiful web, iOS and Android apps and APIs for startups and big brands like Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Boston Beer Company, United Airlines, Chamberlain, Aon, New Belgium Brewing, B&H Photo, RunKeeper, Rue La La, and Care.com, just to name a few! Internships would be for Summer 2020, and Co-Ops are available throughout 2020. You’ll be working with enthusiastic and supportive mentors in a trust-based work environment and will be expected to contribute directly to projects. This is a paid position. We have several potential teams that you could be a part of!
What you’ll be doing:
- Help to define features and engineer solutions for clients.
- Participate in software development, working with designers and product managers to engineer applications.
- Receive mentorship through code reviews, pair programming, and internal tech talks.
- Creating quality source code
- Ensuring solution performance
- Maintaining quality revisions and change control
- Verifying solutions meet business objectives
- Interacting closely with project managers and other developer team members
- Understanding timelines, analyzing dependencies and raising red flags as necessary
- Contributing to shared source code repositories
Web Development Internship:
- Exposure to libraries (React), frameworks (Rails, React-Native), AWS Lambdas.
iOS Development Internship:
- Familiarity of Swift and iOS platform frameworks like UIKit and CoreData.
- Exposure to Apple standards and Human Interface Guidelines.
Android Development Internship:
- Familiarity of Java, Gradle, and the Android framework.
- Familiarity with Google’s Material Design guidelines.
- Exposure to Kotlin and popular third party libraries such as Retrofit, RxJava and Dagger.
CMS Web/.NET Development Internship:
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven, fast-paced, team environment
- Selfstarter with strong capacity for multitasking
- Strong development skills, preferably with webbased technologies
- Experience with ObjectOriented Programming
- ASP.NET / C# experience a plus
Course work or job experience with the following web technologies:
Who We Are
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We’re a start-up at heart and we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!, Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain’s Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.