Data Engineer Lead
Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity—always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to inspire change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with encouraged and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
The Data Engineering Lead will be responsible for leading the definition for how data is used to transform our ways of working to deliver an exceptional experience to Rightpoint’s core clients.
You are responsible for working cross-functionally with our Data Practice comprised of data analysts and architects, as well as throughout the Rightpoint organization, to define and implement advanced data processes. The Data Engineering Lead defines requirements for impactful analysis and modeling, works with internal and client teams on recommendations for data integration, and delivers exceptional work on behalf of our clients. The appropriate candidate has client-facing skills, can translate complex data problems into meaningful results, and support peers within the Data function and beyond.
What You’ll Do & The Impact You’ll Make:
- Partner with data analysts and data scientists to define complex, integrated approaches for Rightpoint’s clients
- Advanced SQL and proficiency in database structures
- Relevant experience with HIVE and/or other HIVE tools (Impala, mapR, etc)
- Experience with cloud data services such as AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Expertise with setting up and building ETL and data pipelines using SQL, Python Spark, and tools such as databricks, SSIS, etc
- Expertise in BI tools and data visualization – understanding of how data sources can connect and be implemented for analysis and modeling
- Proficiency designing data models
- Ability to foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. You’ll play an active role in counselling and mentoring team members across the organization by providing structured and on-the-job feedback.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities that span different areas of focus. You should feel comfortable talking to business stakeholders, analysts, UX and visual designers as well as technologists and developers.
- An entrepreneurial spirit who is excited by ambiguity, operates autonomously and can make informed decisions on the fly, grounded in a digital transformation point of view.
- This is a client facing role, experience at a consultancy is a plus.
- Ability to structure, implement and maintain quality control for data solutions
- Work as a data wrangler and consultant to understand current state and client goals and objectives
- Knowledge of marketing analytics and data products such as CDP’s, a plus
What We’d Love to See:
- Exhibit confidence and not be afraid to ask questions to bring clarity, share ideas and challenge the norm (think outside the box).
- Exhibit exemplary client service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside of the company.
- Written and verbal communication skills should be professional, concise and effective.
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business. “Own” your work – take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solveand willingness to step in to help others.
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions.
- The energy and passion to evangelize our service internally and externally.
- Flexible PTO – If you need a day off or an extended vacation, take the time!
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open office or Remote…You choose!
- Great insurance coverage (Multiple Options) and flexible spending accounts
- 401K with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Community Volunteer Opportunities, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, and more
- Monthly WFH/cell phone stipend
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: We care about making Rightpoint a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization to bring about meaningful and measurable changes to representation, team member experience, and client engagement. Here's how:
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): Our ERGs are created and run by team members who share a common community, identity, or allyship. Right now, our ERGs include Parents, Pride, POC, and Womxn. These groups play a vital role in contributing to Rightpoint’s inclusive environment where all are valued and empowered to succeed.
- Partnerships: Out-in-Tech, POINT Foundation, WomenHack, Girls Inc., and more!
- Mentorship Program
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.