Senior Business Analyst
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business. .
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
As a Senior Business Analyst at Rightpoint, you will be a business liaison between the Rightpoint project team and our clients. You will own the product backlog and be a key driver of developing the product roadmaps, being the ultimate keeper of the product vision. The Business Analyst is responsible and accountable for all business aspects (i.e. technical, design, and function) of the requirements. Ensures that the final project deliverable meets intended goals. The primary resource for project requirements, and business representative for design and development of the project.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong expertise in planning and leading requirement elicitation to include: interviews and JAD sessions, data gathering, current system documentation, gap analysis, business modeling, business process, rules and logic.
- Create and groom requirements backlog ensure stories have a definition of done.
- Manage project scope, identify and mitigate scope creep, and maintain project roadmap.
- Document and communicate functional requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking and attention to detail.
- Thorough working knowledge of SDLC, waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Problem solving skills and experience with ecommerce platforms and architectures.
- Create and utilize gap analysis in designs.
- Assist technical team in data mapping.
- Align with creative team on design solutions.
- Guide test plans/cases to ensure that results successfully evaluate functional and non-functional requirements.
- Manage competing priorities.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Clear and concise communication. Effective in verbal, written, tone and body language.
- Well organized, facilitates team and client meetings effectively. Provides agendas, session goals and session results. Delivers engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations.
- Builds and nutures relationships within all levels of the client organization and project team.
- Escalates issues/risks and provides mitigation strategies timely.
- Communicates difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train.
Bachelor of Science in Business/Computer Science, related field or years of relevant experience.
- 5 or more years of client consulting experience
- Ability to work effectively with clients and team members
- 5 or more years of business analysis
- Curious self-starter with a focus on team performance
- Able to travel
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights.
- Catered Lunches Every Friday
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Great office location + Commute – Great restaurants nearby, Marta Station in the building
- Full service health club onsite with discounted membership
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.