Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Azek, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
As an Account Director at Rightpoint, your primary responsibilities will be to oversee key account relationships and projects, assist the senior management team with business development initiatives, manage internal account teams, and help drive strategic recommendations and serve as trusted client partner.
In this role, you will lead a portfolio of Strategic accounts, ranging from $4M to $8M+, and be responsible for directing the organic growth strategy with the Strategic Account Team. This will include account planning and reporting to Rightpoint leadership, identification of key opportunities, and overall financial health of accounts within your portfolio. You will cultivate relationships with senior client leaders across the portfolio and will be the primary escalation point in the event account issues arise. The Account Director also brings a high-level of experience to the account management team and possesses a solid background digital strategy & transformation.
- Ensure work is celebrated throughout Rightpoint, with the client and within the Industry
- Identify, pursue and convert new business opportunities for Rightpoint within your account portfolio
- Provide a supportive work environment, based on open communication, trust and regular performance reviews
- Client Services - Responsible for on-going relationship management with clients that drives growth of Rightpoint solutions within managed accounts; responsibility to partner with and grow client portfolio
- Experience working with C-level executives and a proven ability to constructively challenge a client’s thinking and transform a client’s business.
- Delivery – Responsible for all aspects of delivery results to Rightpoint clients including utilization management and personnel development.
- To work effectively with Operations, Solution, and National Practice leads to ensure the effective use of resources and quality of delivery. Through strong leadership and management, ensure all accounts are delivered profitably
- Strategy - Responsible for refining and executing the short- and medium-term strategy for the strong, profitable growth of the Rightpoint business within the context of overall company goals
- Business Development – Working with the Rightpoint Business Development team to exceed budgeted revenue goals, as well as controlling expenses
- Project Accountability - Work with Project Management team on all projects within the client portfolio to ensure on time, under budget delivery
- Communicate with senior management on business issues, market opportunities, changing conditions, and any other factors influencing the company’s market position, competition, or reputation
- Continuously prioritize the team’s market focus, with emphasis on high-growth prospects, specific target accounts, and categories for development
- Supervise the work of Account Managers and Account Supervisors across larger account portfolios
- Mentors and coaches project team members
- Establish benchmarks for success combined with careful monitoring of performance. Develop appropriate reporting systems to keep the team and account portfolio leadership well informed
- Act as the Rightpoint “brand steward” among all decision-makers in the digital agency and related communities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the digital, interactive, advertising, or consulting industries
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Strong understanding of technical, creative and IA/UX practice groups
- Strong project management skills
- Extremely organized and highly motivated
- Experience in overseeing multiple projects and campaigns concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience building exceptional client relationships and managing project revenue
Who We Are
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We’re a start-up at heart and we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!, Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain’s Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.