senior Java developer / Lead Developer
Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity—always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to inspire change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with encouraged and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
What You’ll Do and the Impact You’ll Make:
- Collaborate with a global cross-functional team in building customer-centric software products
- Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide deadline estimates for implementing new features
- Develop software applications using technologies that include and not limited to core Java (11+ ), Kafka or messaging system, Web Frameworks like Struts / Spring, relational (Oracle) and non-relational databases (SQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, etc), with RESTful microservice architecture
- Implement security and data protection features
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
- Collaborating with git in a multi-developer team
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code
- Contribution to database design and management, including being up on the latest practices and associated versions
- Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders
What We’d Love to See:
- 4-7 years of relevant professional experience using core Java as a programming language
- Good knowledge and experience with core java 11+ and JEE technologies such as concurrency, JDBC, Spring etc. Expertise with Hibernate/JPA is highly desirable.
- Strong skills with Object Oriented design and code refactoring. Good knowledge and experience of functional and reactive programming (FRP) is highly desirable.
- Write clean and quality code.
- Good knowledge and experience with data modeling and database development (SQL, PL/SQL).
- Good knowledge and experience of microservices architecture and Kubernetes.
- Strong communication skills and work ethics.
- Passionate about professional software development.
- This is a hands-on developer positions within a small elite development team that moves very fast.
- Among all technical skills, core java knowledge and experience as well as OO design skills is preference #1; JEE including JDBC, Spring, JPA/Hibernate #2; Microservices architecture and Kubernetes experience #3.
- Knowledge and experience with messaging (RabbitMQ/Kafka), Redis, websocket is a big plus.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with Java 8 and above
- Ability to work on Java (11+) and SQL based technologies
- Experience with Kafka or messaging system (ActiveMQ)
- Design and construction of REST APIs
- Experience working on Microservices architecture
- or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with SQL databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Comfort with Agile operating models
- Experience leveraging test-driven development techniques
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests (coding and execution for checking code coverage)
- In-depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with an understanding of various phases such as requirements, analysis/design, and development
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Experience in developing Banking/FinServ applications
- Solid understanding of Data Structures, Software Design Principals, Security and Testing
- Cloud development experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Some Cool Extra’s:
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with sanctions screening vendor products or implementations
- Knowledge of multiple front-end languages and libraries like Angular JS, React, Amber and HTML/ CSS , XML, jQuery
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache)
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- 30 Paid leaves
- Public Holidays
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Family medical insurance
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including Diwali Party, Team Parties, Team outings, etc.
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.