Rightpoint is looking for a Creative Director for our Oakland office. As the Creative Director in Oakland, you will be entrusted to lead key accounts and BD efforts in a cross disciplinary manner overseeing experience design, user experience and content. As a Creative Director you have a deep background in visual design, user experience, mobile platforms, experience strategy and familiar with the many forms of content strategy. You are comfortable with all aspects of the modern digital landscape and are a trend hunter looking for not just what’s new but what’s next.
You know how to recognize and foster talent, develop & nurture ideas (not always your own), and collaborate across disciplines. You are constantly exploring ways to innovate using experience design as well as improve delivery. You can understand and articulate various perspectives on design to different audiences and collaborate with cross-functional leadership teams to identify opportunities and to drive business value through the work.
Additionally, you’ve led multi-disciplinary teams and are comfortable giving front-end, UX, content and strategy feedback in support of the overall account. You know what makes work excellent and transformational – and you have the work to prove it.
You thrive on storytelling that is intelligent, on-brand and engaging in order to deliver successful products for our partners and their users. You are an avid collaborator who drives teams to push themselves and their work at every turn.
As the Creative Director, a great day for you should be one spent with the team, where partnered to inspire and facilitate experiences that are memorable and meaningful, engaging, and innovative. You inspire the team to create the highest level of work for all deliverables, and are their champion when working side by side with product management and development.
- Focused on contributing to an award-winning portfolio of work
- Articulate a vision and lead direction of creative for accounts and projects that’s informed by business needs and strategy, but always being the voice of the user
- Develop a team of designers as thinkers, leaders, disruptors, and innovators
- Elevate strategic thought and design processes within the Design Group and deliverables
- Provide valuable team member development through leadership, meaningful feedback, timely criticism, and ongoing mentorship
- Foster an environment that embodies Rightpoint’s core values
- Elevating strategic thought and design processes within your team
- Mentoring and leading your team to help them grow professionally within projects and within their various disciplines at Rightpoint
- Articulating a vision and lead direction for accounts and projects that’s informed by business needs and strategy
- Leading thought and creative and/or strategic output for key business development efforts leading cross disciplinary teams
- Helping manage staffing and co-create project plans taking into account team strengths and growth opportunities
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or equivalent blend of education and experience
10+ years’ experience in a combination of both the Design and User Experience industries
- At least 5 years in a leadership role in a Digital Agency Environment.
Strong visual design skills with an expert level of understanding of modern tools and techniques
- A natural when it comes to storytelling and presentation
- Superior communication, time-management, and client/relationship management skills
- Strong strategic thinking abilities and demonstrated success in leading teams in executing established strategies
- Experience with mobile design and connected devices
- Experience in commerce or transactional digital experiences with large B2B clients preferred
- Must be a team player with a willingness to help and learn as well as be willing to learn in order to foster an environment of team growth
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Frequent tech talks, hack days for open exploration, and our regular technology meet-up, “Drinks on Tap"
- FTO (Flexible Time Off) "Honor System" + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Team/Office Lunches
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities (because we’re always hungry for more)
Recruiters, we appreciate your services however we will reach out to you if we need help with our search.
We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are therefore proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME