Senior/Lead Cloud Consultant – Digital Operations
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business. .
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
The Lead / Senior Cloud Consultant will serve a dual role as a technical lead for Rightpoint’s Digital Operations and Cloud Infrastructure Practice. For the cloud infrastructure practice, the cloud consultant will be responsible for architecting, building and migrating enterprise applications within Microsoft Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services, and Rackspace. The ideal candidate needs to have the aptitude to lead the requirements gathering, analysis, design, and hands-on implementation of solutions in public Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). As a technical lead for the Digital Operations Practice, the solution arch will oversee the technical delivery of Managed Services NOC and DevOps services.
The Cloud Consultant will have organizational and delivery responsibility. He/She will have management and leadership responsibilities for the Rightpoint Digital Operations IT Ops/DevOps team and the Rightpoint Cloud Infrastructure Teams.
- Provide technical leadership for Rightpoint Digital Operations Team and Cloud Infrastructure Teams
- Plan and implementation lead for cloud-based servers, applications, and services
- Execute and automate the provisioning and migration of servers, applications, and services
- Ability to analyze client workloads and recommend cost effective solutions for business needs
- Designing and implementing Highly Available solutions in multiple environments such as Azure Load Balancing services, SSO services (ADFS) and Web Application Proxy configurations
- Apply security fundamentals and best practices in the design and implementation of solutions
- Provide technical leadership for the management, operations, and support of cloud solutions post implementation
- Collaborate with internal and client teams to conduct projects
- Provide technical guidance for onboarding new environments into managed services with an end to end solution focus
- Work with internal and client teams to provide operational support of production environments
- Act as a technical escalation for troubleshooting complex issues
- Act as an incident manager
- A minimum of 7 years progressive IT experience
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience with Cloud technologies (Microsoft, AWS, Rackspace)
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Azure and O365
- Hands-on knowledge of the Microsoft Stack including Active Directory and Group Policies
- Strong scripting skills (PowerShell)
- Hands-on knowledge of Networking (VPN, firewalls, switching, load balancers, DNS, CDN, Azure networking)
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail for documentation (design documentation, processes/procedures, environment diagrams, etc.)
- Eagerness to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone.
- Self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented.
- Exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations.
- Focus on making yourself and those around you great.
- Motivation with an emphasis on team performance.
Nice to haves
- 2+ years’ experience as an Architect or lead cloud role.
- 2+ years’ experience in management or a management type role.
- DevOps (CI/CD) experience a plus (VSTS, AzureDevOps, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, etc.)
- Experience with web delivered technologies (IIS, Sitecore, EpiServer, SharePoint)
- Experience with management platforms such as SCCM, SCOM, LogAnalytics, Application Insights
- Experience with virtualization solution architecture including Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware is a plus
- Working knowledge of email technologies (Exchange, mail routing, mail security filtering, etc.)
Bachelor's or Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
Benefits and Perks:
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.