Senior Staff Accountant (Hoodoo Digital)
Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity—always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to inspire change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with encouraged and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
What You’ll Be Doing and the Impact You’ll Make:
The Senior Staff Accountant's key areas of responsibility involve ensuring the seamless operation of our daily transactional accounting needs, Accounts Payable/Receivable, and Month End Processing. If you are detail-oriented and love numbers, this is the role for you! Within this growing company, you’ll have an opportunity to play a crucial role on our Operations Team, which includes but is not limited to conducting daily accounting transactions and managing the month end close. But wait, there’s more! You get assist with Intercompany Transactions and help support with accurate financial reporting of our many amazing entities. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for supporting the accounting processes with a strong eye for detail. You will be focused on supporting Hoodoo Digital for 2022, which will be fully integrating into the Rightpoint team in 2023 and beyond.
- Along with a team, you will be primarily responsible for (or providing support for):
- Maintaining Smooth Financial operations by helping to prepare financial reporting and managing Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- This includes closely monitoring any accounts that are nearing or past their payment terms and ensuring we collect on any “aging” invoices
- Reconcile incoming payments with outstanding client invoices, keeping a close watch on any possible irregularities or issues
- Ensuring invoices are paid within vendor terms and then inputting those into QuickBooks/Xero/Netsuite so we have an accurate view of our cash flow
- Assist with the month-end closing process, including completing journal entries, performing monthly reconciliations and analyses on receivables and payable accounts
- Serve as the primary point of contact for vendors and staff with questions about expenses and payables
- Assist with Intercompany transactions between all Rightpoint Subsidiaries and reconciling the intercompany balance sheet accounts on multiple entities books
- Suggest cost savings and revenue-generating ideas, and develop plans to implement them
- Perform operational Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis
- Identify and suggest continuous process improvements
- Other duties as assigned.
What We’d Love To See:
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Accounting or related field
- Must have 5+ years of accounting or related experience.
- Fantastic customer-facing skills, with a focus on WOWing our clients and people at every turn
- Experience in a client services type industry (Consulting or Agency Environment), as well as system knowledge (including OpenAir and QuickBooks), a plus!
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Proactive problem solver
- Detail-oriented working style – obsessed with ensuring that everything ticks and ties
- Superior organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, know when to ask help from other operations team members as needed
- Flexible PTO – If you need a day off or an extended vacation, take the time!
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open office or Remote…You choose!
- Great insurance coverage (Multiple Options) and flexible spending accounts
- 401K with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Community Volunteer Opportunities, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, and more
- Monthly WFH/cell phone stipend
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: We care about making Rightpoint a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization to bring about meaningful and measurable changes to representation, team member experience, and client engagement. Here's how:
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): Our ERGs are created and run by team members who share a common community, identity, or allyship. Right now, our ERGs include Parents, Pride, POC, and Womxn. These groups play a vital role in contributing to Rightpoint’s inclusive environment where all are valued and empowered to succeed.
- Partnerships: Out-in-Tech, POINT Foundation, WomenHack, Girls Inc., and more!
- Mentorship Program
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.