Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) - Senior/Lead Developer (Contract/Contract-to-Hire)
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
What You’ll Do & The Impact You’ll Make
- Develop features in AEM applications based on user stories and technical designs
- Help to define technical approaches and ensure that functional designs are feasible and scalable
- Contribute to requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, developing user stories, and creating functional requirements
- Work with architects to ensure that scalable AEM solutions are created, alongside equally talented CMS engineers
- Help assign, review, and unblock development tasks to maximize delivery velocity
- Create server-side Servlets, Sling Models, OSGi configs, etc. to support web interfaces
- Support the account lead and project manager in key meetings as the technical SME
- Own and support feature-focused unit and system testing, including features built by other developers on the team, to ensure each project delivers a high-quality application
- Support performance, security, and load testing activities, including issue remediation
Required Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years of AEM experience
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and computer science foundations
- Experience working with the Java Content Repository (JCR), including a solid understanding of how AEM stores data
- Experience using Sling and OSGi, including runmode configurations
- Experience with Git and work tracking tools like Jira or Azure DevOps
- Experience developing custom components, including leveraging and extending Adobe’s core components
- Understanding of the i18n dictionary and how AEM translations work
- Understanding of the Apache Dispatcher and how it works
- Understanding of editable templates and template/component policies
- Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular building high frequency and low latency web apps with optimal memory management, performance, and scalability as a key focus
- Experience running/mentoring a team of developers
- Experience in consulting and prior working experience with Project Management teams
- Thirst for knowledge and an abundance of curiosity!
Nice to Have
- Experience working with Adobe Cloud Manager for deployments
- Experience working with AEM as a Cloud Service (AEMaaCS)
- Experience using Adobe Target, Campaign, Analytics, Launch, and I/O, and how each of these integrates with AEM
- Experience with Adobe’s Commerce Integration Framework (CIF) components
- Experience, or at least exposure, to headless content delivery and presentation as single page applications
- Experience with server management in cloud ecosystems like Azure or AWS
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.