Director/Group Director-Design Systems
Rightpoint is looking for a Director/Group Director of Design systems. In this position, you will be entrusted to define Rightpoint’s narrative, vision, approach and methodology of our design system offerings. You will also be responsible for business development relating to design systems and directly ensuring executional excellence on key accounts with oversight and by being hands-on with work.
As a Director/Group Director of Design Systems you have a deep background in not only design systems but also visual design, interaction design and experience strategy. Additionally, you have understanding of front-end code and the best practices of integrating it with design systems.
You will oversee teams as they establish design patterns and visual language by creating and maintaining UX frameworks. You’ll support the vision for design systems, foundations, and tools that empower product designers and engineers to build beautifully designed and sustainable experiences.
As a leader at RP you are comfortable with all aspects of the modern digital landscape and are a trend hunter looking for not just what’s new but what’s next. You know how to recognize and foster talent, develop & nurture ideas, and collaborate across disciplines. You are a true change agent and seek out new ways to strengthen Rightpoint as a whole. You are constantly exploring ways to innovate around experience design and delivery. You can understand and articulate various perspectives on design to different audiences and collaborate with cross-functional leadership teams to identify opportunities to drive business value through content.
Being a leader of Design System, you've had experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams including front-end, visual design, interaction design, content and strategy. You’re also a natural when it comes to presenting, pitching and engaging with clients.
You are a spirited collaborator who drives teams to create experiences that are not only pixel perfect, but meaningful, engaging, and innovative – and can articulate what it takes to get there. You inspire the team to create the highest level of work for all deliverables.
- Create world-class user experiences for a global audience through thoughtful experiences and intelligent and beautiful interactions.
- Develop designers as thinkers, leaders, and innovators while being an advocate for design systems.
- Elevate strategic thought and design processes within the Design Group and deliverables.
- Provide valuable team member development through leadership, meaningful feedback, timely criticism, and ongoing mentorship
- Foster an environment that embodies Rightpoint’s core values
- Elevating strategic thought and design processes within your team
- Mentoring and leading your team to help them grow professionally within projects and within their various disciplines at Rightpoint
- Articulating a vision and lead direction for accounts and projects that’s informed by business needs and strategy
- Leading thought and creative and/or strategic output for key business development efforts leading cross disciplinary teams
- Helping manage staffing and co-create project plans taking into account team strengths and growth opportunities
- Nurture and support creative community-building efforts both internally and externally
- Experience in concepting, designing, building and launching large corporate design systems
- 10+ years’ experience in a combination of both the Design and User Experience industries.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or equivalent blend of education and experience
- At least 5 years in a leadership role in a design environment preferably at an agency or consultancy.
- Strong visual design skills with excellent expertise in modern tools and techniques
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills
- Superior communication, time-management, and client/relationship management skills
- Strong strategic thinking abilities and demonstrated success in leading teams in executing established strategies
- Experience in commerce or transactional digital experiences with large B2B clients preferred
- Must be a team player with a willingness to help and learn in order to foster an environment of team growth
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint:
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Catered Lunches Every Other Friday
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.