What You'll Do
The Rightpoint Digital Operations Services team is looking to add someone with significant QA experience to lead a small, but growing, team and take them to the next level. Part of this “next level” includes offering and supporting QA services for all projects across the company. The ideal candidate has deep experience with several different flavors of QA (functional, performance, automation, etc), and has prior leadership responsibilities (even better in a support role). This role requires wearing two different hats: setting the direction for the DigOps QA team, as well as the day-to-day responsibilities as an individual contributor for the QA team.
As a lead for the DigOps QA team, you will provide the direction for the QA team. This includes reviewing and tweaking established processes and tools as well as defining new ones as best practices evolve. Additionally, you will be responsible for assisting in the recruiting and training of new team members as well as the performance management of the existing team. Finally, as the lead, you will also be an advocate for the team and the QA offering, pushing out QA processes and tools more broadly across the entire Rightpoint organization to drive adoption and standardization for all Rightpoint projects.
While there is a strong leadership component, this role is also an active QA team member for delivery work. As an individual contributor, you will drive the standard for all other QA team members to adhere to through defining test plans/cases, executing tests, and working with development teams to deliver quality products.
QA Team Direction
- Review/refine existing QA processes and tools and assist in establishing new standards and processes based on industry trends and best practices
- Contribute thought leadership in the QA “craft”
- Drive internal adoption of QA processes, tools and metrics
- Market and advertise QA services internally, driving broader adoption of the services across the company
- Recruit, train, mentor, and coach team members both in their tactical, day-to-day actions as well as their career path/growth.
- Manage team project allocations, balancing client demand with team member career growth
- Assist with sales pursuits
- Act as a strong advocate for quality and share QA knowledge to other members within the company
- Take proactive, expert ownership of Quality Assurance role on client projects
- Work with project leadership team to establish project quality standards and ensure that those standards are met
- Author and execute test plans, test cases, and/or test scripts required to validate solutions
- Partner closely with the development teams to replicate and resolve issues
- Work with project technical leadership to review functional requirements and ensure that all functional paths are accounted for in the test plan.
- Participating in design, code and test plan reviews as needed and providing appropriate recommendations
- Reporting quality-related KPIs and other relevant information to senior management
- Proven experience "owning" projects in whole from the technical perspective
- Proven experience overseeing other QA resources on projects, e.g. facilitating test script reviews, being a "go to" support/mentor, assisting with task estimation, etc.
- Mentoring QA either via projects or more broadly for professional development as a career manager
- Participating in business development activities such as sales pursuits with prospects, estimating new projects, and defining scope via new contracts
- Collaborating frequently with other disciplines such as UX, visual design, content and digital strategy, Dev, etc.
Qualities / Experience
- Passionate about the QA “craft”
- Ability to think beyond simple, rote testing; capable of creative thinking and problem solving
- Profound interest in building a high functioning team and making a positive impact on the cultural “DNA” of the company with regards to QA
- Capable of exhibiting empathy for end-users; experience “wearing the shoes” of a variety of end-user personas
- Experience in leading and coaching a small QA team or a support team
- Expertise in various forms of software testing (specifically in a support role): smoke testing, regression testing, functional and non-functional testing, etc.
- Experience in Content Management System (CMS) testing
- Experience in both cross browser and cross device testing of web applications
- Responsive Design testing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand business needs and translate them into test cases and test scenarios
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teams and clients
- Extensive understanding in QA process (Agile and Waterfall), tools, and approaches
- Experience with JIRA or similar bug and issue tracking solutions
- Experience with Mobile Web testing and simulator/emulation tools
- Knowledge of Selenium test automation a strong plus
- Experience with JMeter, Load testing tools, Web Service testing tools, and Front-End testing tools a plus
- Experience with testing beyond functional/non-functional (e.g. usability, accessibility, security, etc.) a plus
- Experience with SOAP UI and Web Service testing tools a plus
- 7-9 years of Software Quality Assurance experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Who We Are
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We’re a start-up at heart and we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!,Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain’s Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.