Senior Developer (Java)
What You’ll Do and the Impact You’ll Make:
- Collaborate with a global cross-functional team in building customer-centric software products
- Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide deadline estimates for implementing new features
- Develop software applications using technologies that include and not limited to core Java (11+ ), Kafka or messaging system, Web Frameworks like Struts / Spring, relational (Oracle) and non-relational databases (SQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, etc), with RESTful microservice architecture
- Implement security and data protection features
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
- Collaborating with git in a multi-developer team
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code
- Contribution to database design and management, including being up on the latest practices and associated versions
- Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders
What We’d Love to See:
- 4-9 years of relevant professional experience using core Java as a programming language
REST Microservice developer
- Hazelcast for caching layer
- MongoDB for most of the persistence
- RDBMS for some of the persistence (but less frequent)
- Microservices Architecture does interservice communication using a proprietary messaging service
- Some Python exists in their stack, so Python is a plus
- Strong communication skills and work ethics.
- Passionate about professional software development.
Additional skills - Preferred to be (Not Mandatory)
- This is a hands-on developer positions within a small elite development team that moves very fast.
- Among all technical skills, core java knowledge and experience as well as OO design skills is preference #1; JEE including JDBC, Spring, JPA/Hibernate #2; Microservices architecture and Kubernetes experience
- Knowledge and experience with messaging (RabbitMQ/Kafka), Redis, websocket is a big plus
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- 30 Paid leaves
- Public Holidays
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Family medical insurance
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including Diwali Party, Team Parties, Team outings, etc.
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.