Azure Data Platform Engineer
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business. .
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
The Azure Data Platform Engineer will play a lead role in Rightpoint’s Data & Analytics practice. You will be focused on building cutting edge solutions leveraging the full spectrum of the Microsoft Cloud and its industry leading tools for data management, ingestion, processing and analysis. You will leverage your deep knowledge of the Azure Data Platform to work with clients of all sizes across a variety of industries to bring them into the new era of modern data management.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following
- Demonstrated expertise in developing enterprise scale solutions leveraging the Azure Data Platform
- Experience designing data architectures in a variety of modes, from traditional star schema data warehouses to large MPP based systems to data lakes and streaming architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills between both the customer and all levels within the organization are required
- Strong consulting skills and the ability to work effectively with clients and team members
- The ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in the Azure Data Platform
- Azure SQL Database / Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Azure Data Lake Store
- Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Databricks
- Excellent understanding of the following concepts
- Data modeling (relational & non-relational)
- Data Architecture
- Data lineage, integrity, and validation
- Data quality & Master Data Management
- Relevant hands-on development experience in the following:
- Design and develop database stored procedures, functions, views and queries using various SQL standards (e.g. T-SQL, PL/SQL, etc.)
- Design, develop, tune and maintain ETL and ELT pipelines using tools such as SSIS and Azure Data Factory
- Hands on experiences with Azure data platform tools or their analogues AWS / Google cloud tools (this is not an exhaustive list)
- Information Management: Data Factory, Data Catalog, Event Hubs
- Data Storage: Azure Blob Storage, Azure Database, Azure Data Lake Storage
- Big Data Solutions: Azure Data Lake Storage / Analytics, HDInsight, Azure Data Warehouse
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Catered Lunches Every Other Friday
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.