The Staff Accountant's key areas of responsibility involve ensuring the seamless operation of our: Accounts Payable and Receivable and Month End. This position will also assist with timesheet collection and client billing. If you are detail oriented and love numbers, this is the role for you! Within this growing company, you will have an opportunity to play a crucial role on our Operations Team. Helping to ensure that Vendors are paid, and our clients are invoiced (and pay) for the awesome work we do for them. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for supporting the accounting processes with a strong eye for detail.
Mandatory skills: Good command over basic accounting/GST/TDS
Must have Knowledge of Tally/Oracle/NetSuite.
Help keep the financial operations running smoothly by supporting Financial ReportingSample Responsibilities
- Assist with the month-end closing process, including completing journal entries and performing monthly reconciliations and analyses on receivables and payable accounts
- Performing analysis, performance monitoring, capacity planning and operating system utilities related to Financial needs
- Assist with the management of Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- Assisting to Ensure clients are accurately invoiced in a timely manner for the work we did for them and for expenses that our team members incurred. This includes closely monitoring any accounts that are nearing or past their payment terms and ensuring we collect on any “aging” invoices
- Work with employees to submit time reports in timely manner
- Review all timesheets to ensure accurate processing and client billing
- Work closely with project managers to modify invoices, and set up projects
- Team up with other Rightpoint business units to facilitate billing & communication
- Support assigned accounts in pulling data and creating reports for presentations
- Reconcile incoming payments with outstanding client invoices, keeping a close watch on any possible irregularities or issues (troubleshoot up and down the system pipeline)
- Assist as a point of contact for vendors and staff with questions about expenses and payables
- Perform operational Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis
- Complete month end activities as needed, including accruals or journal entries as necessary
Bachelor of Science in Business/Accounting or related field –OR- Fresher to 2+ years in professional services firm responsible for billing and collections.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of accounting or related experience.
- Fantastic customer-facing skills, with a focus on WOWing our clients and people at every turn
- Experience in a client services type industry (Consulting or Agency Environment), as well as system knowledge (including OpenAir and Netsuite), a plus!
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Proactive problem solver
- Detail oriented working style – obsessed with ensuring that everything ticks and ties
- Superior organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and know when to ask help from other operations team members as needed
- Strong work ethic with flexible approach to meet changing responsibilities and priorities
- Be able to communicate technical problems in a simple manner
- Must be team player
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- 30 Paid leaves
- Public Holidays
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Family medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Accidental Insurance
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including Diwali Party, Team Parties, Team outings, etc.
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.