Digital Strategist - Analytics and Data
Something Digital has recently joined forces with Rightpoint, a global experience leader and a Genpact company. Now called Rightpoint Commerce.
Genpact, a global professional services firm focused on delivering digital transformation, today announced the expansion of its experience business, Rightpoint, with the acquisition of Something Digital. The addition of Something Digital’s deep commerce expertise to Rightpoint’s customer experience leadership, will further enable the company’s ability to drive experience-led transformation at scale for clients across industries.
Something Digital is an interactive agency with offices around the US. We have spent close to 20 years developing customer software, eCommerce sites, intranets, and websites for diverse clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Digital Strategist – Analytics and Data
We are looking for a Digital Strategist - Analytics and Data. Currently, this role is 100% remote.
Being a Digital Strategist on the Rightpoint Commerce team (formally Something Digital) means having the best of both worlds—you get to work on complex projects for high-profile clients while, at the same time, reap the benefits of working on a small team. As a Digital Strategist you’ll play a critical role in all stages of a project, so you must be a self-motivated and effective problem solver who can prioritize and manage a challenging workload. You would report directly to the Lead Digital Strategist and work closely with project managers, designs, and engineers. A good fit for our team would be someone with a sense of humor, good attitude, ability to roll with the punches, and willingness to go the extra mile.
We’ll need you to
- Work with the client to gather Digital Strategy project requirements and help define integration needs for Analytics and Tagging
- Draft Digital Strategy specifications
- Provide guidance on data and analytics best practices for new site launches
- Conduct GA audits, analysis, and implementation of recommendations to help improve overall accuracy of analytics and reporting
- Understand user-behavior tracking needs in an enhanced e-commerce funnel and implement the necessary Analytics tracking and tags through Google Tag Manager
- Develop reports and dashboards to track on-site user-engagement events, performance to goals, progress and overall value
- Provide data-driven insights to inform recommendations for improvements to a site’s information architecture
- Provide reporting on primary KPIs, along with more specific recommendations gleaned from the data, to fuel productive QBRs for clients.
- Solve complex Digital Strategy problems especially those involving data capture, reporting discrepancies and data reconciliation
- Perform Digital Strategy Quality Assurance (QA)
- Lead and participate in meetings (client & internal)
- Work with the team to improve Digital Strategy process
- Ensure that various clients on Shopify and Magento (Adobe Commerce) comply with digital strategy best practices
- Communicate and collaborate with clients and team members via email, Teams, video, and phone
- Present findings and insights to clients and internal team members in a clear, succinct way
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Record timesheets
You must have
- Preferred field of study: Data Science, Analytics, Digital Marketing, Computer Science, Business, Marketing, or Communications
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with set up and maintenance of tools like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Google Tag Manager
- Experience with complex pixel implementation in Google Tag Manager with custom dataLayers, user-defined variables, and triggers
- Google Analytics certification and experience with GA4
- Experience with customizing meaningful reports and dashboards that prescribe action
- Experience with Digital Strategy Quality Assurance (QA)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent communication skills—written and verbal
It’d be great if you had
- Experience and/or certification with Adobe Analytics
- Proficiency with SEMrush or equivalent (e.g., MOZ, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl)
- Experience with set up and maintenance of tools like Google Search Console, Google Ads, Google Merchant Center, or BrightEdge
- Knowledge of schema.org and JSON-LD
- Experience with implementing 301 redirects
- Experience creating product feeds for Magento and Shopify