Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
The Database Administrator at Rightpoint is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in the implementation and maintenance of database technologies. In this role, you will have engaging and meaningful interaction with cross-functional teams of technology and business professionals including technology infrastructure, application development, finance, sales, marketing, staffing, and other subject matter experts in the business. The business will look to you to ensure that database solutions are planned, executed, and maintained in accordance with data security standards and business requirements. The database systems you will support are the foundation upon which our financial and operational reporting capabilities are built.
- Design, build, test, deploy, maintain, and write documentation for tables, views, procedures, functions, and security objects using best practices for performance, scalability, and long-term maintainability
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to the financial planning & analysis and client finance teams as well as build and maintain self-service data-access documentation for end users
- Ensure that business data is highly available, organized, and readily accessible for use in Power BI or other reporting tools
- Ensure that business data is secure and that database recovery systems are regularly evaluated and tested to prevent data loss and data breach
- Ensure that unplanned database downtime is minimized, planned database downtime is appropriately communicated, and potential data integrity problems due to downtime or recovery are properly mitigated
- In collaboration with the internal systems and technology leads, determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Monitor database performance, recommend and implement architectural changes, and apply new patches and versions when required
Required Skills & Abilities
- Proven working experience as a database administrator (3-5 years minimum preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server administration
- Proficiency with developing, troubleshooting, and optimizing T-SQL
- Experience with data warehouse design and documentation
- Experience with data backup, recovery, and integrity
- Experience with data migration, data integration, data movement, and replication
- Excellent knowledge of best practices for security, scalability, and performance of databases
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Experience with Windows scripting using Microsoft PowerShell and other Microsoft tools
- Experience with Microsoft .NET Framework including Entity Framework and Code-first Migrations
- Experience with SSRS
- Experience with Power BI
- Working knowledge of non-relational databases such as NoSQL or Neo4J
- Working knowledge of financial accounting and staffing (resource management) practices
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint:
- Flexible PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Catered Lunches Every Other Friday
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.