Associate Director, Project Management
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business. .
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
An Associate Director, PMO at Rightpoint is managing complex digital projects, and serving as the PM Lead on program management engagements. The Associate Director is responsible for executing integrated digital engagements successfully and actively demonstrate thought-leadership.
- Drive the execution of complex digital projects and manage all project related requests with the client
- Project manage on a program level, and deliver quality projects on budget, on time, and on schedule for an account
- Responsible for project scope, risks, schedule, budget, quality, and communication
- Create and manage project plans, status reports, risk assessment plans, change orders, resource needs etc
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams through all phases of the project life-cycle providing coaching, motivation and inspiration
- Effectively applying methodology and enforcing project standards as the project requires
- Anticipate risks and obstacles, and address them with the team in a proactive manner
- Work closely with the Account Manager, communicate with clients and teams on an ongoing basis and ensure changing resource and project requirements are met and understood
- Accurately forecast revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization
- Effectively interact with senior level clients and serves as an escalation point for issues and communication to Client senior management
- Responsible for managing junior PMs to consistently, successfully deliver execution of complex programs/projects and drives consistent appliance of RP tools (project health, Oz bookings, margin and farming goals etc)
We’re looking for a top-notch Associate Director who is also a delight to work with, which usually includes:
- A four-year college education
- 7 to 9 years of experience, preferably at an agency, with project management experience in digital scope
- In depth knowledge of project management tools, best practices and processes
- Solid web technologies experience, and solid proficiency in Microsoft Project and Excel
- Displays strong financial and management skills at the program/account level
- Demonstrates strong management skills for junior PMs (staffing, career management, training, utilization tracking etc)
- Knows how to execute integrated digital engagements successfully
- Actively demonstrates thought-leadership
- Highly developed communication, presentation, leadership, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel as needed – you’re open to new places, new faces and new idea
- Able to serves a PMO SubjectMatterExpert and provide accurate PM hours and assumptions for new projects
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible Time Off + paid holidays
- Casual dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we mirror their dress code)
- Flexible work schedule
- Great health coverage
- 401k with company matching
- Regular happy hours and social events including: game nights, basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Volunteering opportunities with the Compassion Club
- Open office environment
- Continuous training, certifications, and learning opportunities (because we’re always hungry for more)
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.