Technical SEO Specialist
Something Digital has recently joined forces with Rightpoint, a global experience leader and a Genpact company.
Genpact, a global professional services firm focused on delivering digital transformation, today announced the expansion of its experience business, Rightpoint, with the acquisition of Something Digital. The addition of Something Digital’s deep commerce expertise to Rightpoint’s customer experience leadership, will further enable the company’s ability to drive experience-led transformation at scale for clients across industries.
Something Digital is an interactive agency with offices around the US. We have spent close to 20 years developing customer software, eCommerce sites, intranets, and websites for diverse clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Something Digital is looking for a Technical SEO Specialist. Currently, this role is 100% remote.
We have offices in New York City (HQ), Los Angeles, CA and West Palm Beach, FL.
We’ll need you to:
- Provide strong knowledge of schema.org and JSON-LD
- Understand how to reduce crawl budget, remediate site performance issues, and implement 301 redirects
- Research and recommend tools for SEO process improvement
- Optimize robots.txt files, implement canonical tags, and identify/fix redirect loops
- Collaborate with Digital Strategy and Strategic Engagement Managers to complete work for existing clients
- Ensure that various clients on Shopify and Magento comply with SEO best practices
- Communicate with clients and team members via email, Teams, video, and phone
- Develop reports to track progress and value
- Present findings to clients and internal team members in a clear, succinct way
- Improve current project process by better integrating functional SEO tasks
You must have:
- Preferred field of study: Digital Marketing, Business, Marketing, Communications, Computer Science, General Assembly Technical SEO Certification, Data Science
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency with Ahrefs or equivalent (e.g., MOZ, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl)
- Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Search Console, or BrightEdge
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent communication skills—written and verbal
- Experience with keyword research and competitive analysis
- Advanced knowledge of schema.org and JSON-LD
It’d be great if you had:
- Experience spearheading SEO initiatives during a site upgrade or migration
- Google Analytics IQ
- Experience with Adobe Analytics
- Magento and Shopify experience
- Agency experience
Apply if you:
- Are passionate about ecommerce, web experiences, and software development
- Have a love for process and exceptional attention to detail
- Enjoy a challenge and are eager to grow
- Enjoy fostering and developing strong relationships between the members of your team and client base to efficiently and effectively deliver upon project requirements
- Are excited to work on high traffic, high profile websites with complex requirements
- Are looking for a company that values training, skills development, and individual growth