Cloud-Native Development Lead/Architect
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
Senior Cloud-Native Development Lead/Architect
- Conduct requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, developing use cases, and creating functional requirements specifications.
- Create feature specifications and technical design blueprints.
- Develop custom features based on specifications and technical designs.
- Operate within the dynamics of a team; exercise proper etiquette and citizenship during “team development” sprints.
- Create and deploy modular applications using PaaS components, Docker, Kubernetes and a CI/CD toolchain.
- Provide direction on the best development, application, and testing frameworks to leverage for implementing the required application design such as asynchronous messaging, caching, and relational/NoSQL DBs.
- Create server-side functionality using object-oriented design principles.
- Take responsibility for feature-focused, automated unit and system testing (built both by you and others).
- Contribute to user acceptance testing procedures and monitoring results.
- Contribute to performance and load testing procedures and issue remediation.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong experience working with microservice architecture and patterns, and an appreciation for appropriate networking and resource constraints.
- Hands-on experience building scalable, high frequency and low latency applications with optimal memory management, performance, and scalability as a key focus.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and current design patterns/practices; and when we say solid, we mean SOLID.
- Deep hands-on knowledge of:
- Distributed systems components and architecture
- .NET Core 2.x+
- Experience with designing databases and optimizing database structure for performance and/or maintainability and the ability to design and optimize queries.
- Experience with Object Relational Modeling (ORM) with different tools such as Entity Framework (and/or nHibernate) and LINQ.
- Experience with Git-based source control, work item tracking, and CI/CD tooling.
- Consider refactoring a standard part of the development process.
- Focus on making yourself and those around you great.
- Motivation with an emphasis on team performance.
- Passion about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices.
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.