Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Please note, this role has been posted to build a talent pipeline for our next opening. We may not hire right away, but we will reach out should you fit our next opening.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint is looking for a Design Director for our Detroit office. As a Design Director, you have a deep background in visual design, user experience, user interfaces, and evolving user experience strategy. We offer an opportunity to work on cutting edge designs for the future.
You are comfortable with all aspects of the modern digital landscape and are a trend hunter looking for not just what’s new but what’s next. You know how to recognize and foster talent, develop & nurture ideas, and collaborate across disciplines. You are a true change agent and seek out new ways to strengthen Rightpoint as a whole. You are constantly exploring ways to innovate around experience design and delivery. You can understand and articulate various perspectives on design to different audiences and collaborate with cross-functional leadership teams to identify opportunities to drive business value through content.
Additionally, you've led multi-disciplinary teams and are comfortable giving front-end, UX/UI, content, and strategy feedback in support of the overall account. You know what makes work excellent and transformational – and you have the work to prove it.
You thrive on the art and science of storytelling that is intelligent, on-brand, and engaging in order to deliver business results. You are a spirited collaborator who drives teams to create experiences that are not only pixel perfect, but meaningful, engaging, and innovative – and can articulate what it takes to get there. You inspire the team to create the highest level of work for all deliverables.
What you’ll be doing and the Impact You’ll Make:
- Focused on contributing to an award-winning portfolio of work
- Articulate a vision and lead the direction of creative for accounts and projects that are informed by business needs and strategy
- Develop senior designers as thinkers, leaders, and innovators
- Elevate strategic thought and design processes within the Design Group and deliverables.
- Provide valuable team member development through leadership, meaningful feedback, timely criticism, and ongoing mentorship
- Foster an environment that embodies Rightpoint’s core values
- Elevating strategic thought and design processes within your team
- Mentoring and leading your team to help them grow professionally within projects and within their various disciplines at Rightpoint
- Articulating a vision and leadership direction for accounts and projects that are informed by business needs and strategy
- Leading thought and creative and/or strategic output for key business development efforts leading cross-disciplinary teams
- Helping manage staffing and co-create project plans taking into account team strengths and growth opportunities
- Nurture and support creative community-building efforts both internally and externally
What we’d love to see:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or equivalent blend of education and experience
- 10+ years’ experience in a combination of both the Design and User Experience industries.
- At least 5 years in a leadership role in a Digital Agency Environment.
- Strong visual design skills with an expert level of understanding of modern tools and techniques
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills
- Superior communication, time-management, and client/relationship management skills
- Strong strategic thinking abilities and demonstrated success in leading teams in executing established strategies
- Experience in commerce or transactional digital experiences with large B2B clients preferred
- Must be a team player with a willingness to help and learn in order to foster an environment of team growth
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts (Multiple Options!!)
- 401k with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.