Rightpoint is looking for a Design Director for our Detroit office. As the Design Director at Rightpoint, you will be entrusted to lead key accounts and business efforts in a cross disciplinary manner overseeing experience design, user experience and content. As a Design Director you have a deep background in visual design, user experience, user interfaces and evolving user experience strategy. We offer an opportunity to work on cutting edge designs for the future.
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
Rightpoint is looking for a Design Director for our Detroit office. As the Design Director at Rightpoint, you will be entrusted to lead key accounts and BD efforts in a cross disciplinary manner overseeing experience design, user experience and content. As a Design Director you have a deep background in visual design, user experience, front-end development, experience strategy and familiar with the many forms of content strategy. You are comfortable with all aspects of the modern digital landscape and are a trend hunter looking for not just what’s new but what’s next. You know how to recognize and foster talent, develop & nurture ideas, and collaborate across disciplines. You are a true change agent and seek out new ways to strengthen Rightpoint as a whole. You are constantly exploring ways to innovate around experience design and delivery. You can understand and articulate various perspectives on design to different audiences and collaborate with cross-functional leadership teams to identify opportunities to drive business value through content.
Additionally, you've led multi-disciplinary teams and are comfortable giving front-end, UX/UI, content and strategy feedback in support of the overall account. You know what makes work excellent and transformational – and you have the work to prove it.
You thrive on the art and science of storytelling that is intelligent, on-brand and engaging in order to deliver business results. You are a spirited collaborator who drives teams to create experiences that are not only pixel perfect, but meaningful, engaging, and innovative – and can articulate what it takes to get there. You inspire the team to create the highest level of work for all deliverables.
- Focused on contributing to an award-winning portfolio of work
- Articulate a vision and lead direction of creative for accounts and projects that’s informed by business needs and strategy
- Develop senior designers as thinkers, leaders, and innovators
- Elevate strategic thought and design processes within the Design Group and deliverables.
- Provide valuable team member development through leadership, meaningful feedback, timely criticism, and ongoing mentorship
- Foster an environment that embodies Rightpoint’s core values
- Elevating strategic thought and design processes within your team
- Mentoring and leading the your team to help them grow professionally within projects and within their various disciplines at Rightpoint
- Articulating a vision and lead direction for accounts and projects that’s informed by business needs and strategy
- Leading thought and creative and/or strategic output for key business development efforts leading cross disciplinary teams
- Helping manage staffing and co-create project plans taking into account team strengths and growth opportunities
- Nurture and support creative community-building efforts both internally and externally
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or equivalent blend of education and experience
- 10+ years’ experience in a combination of both the Design and User Experience industries.
- At least 5 years in a leadership role in a Digital Agency Environment.
- Strong visual design skills with an expert level of understanding of modern tools and techniques
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills
- Superior communication, time-management, and client/relationship management skills
- Strong strategic thinking abilities and demonstrated success in leading teams in executing established strategies
- Experience in commerce or transactional digital experiences with large B2B clients preferred
- Must be a team player with a willingness to help and learn in order to foster an environment of team growth
Who We Are
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We’re a start-up at heart and we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!, Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain’s Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.