Billing Specialist/Jr. Accountant
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Azek, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team
- Help keep the financial operations running smoothly by supporting Financial Reporting
- Assist with the month-end closing process, including completing journal entries and performing monthly reconciliations and analyses on receivables and payable accounts
- Performing analysis, performance monitoring, capacity planning and operating system utilities related to Financial needs
- Managing Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- Ensure clients are accurately invoiced in a timely manner for the work we did for them and for expenses that our team members incurred. This includes closely monitoring any accounts that are nearing or past their payment terms and ensuring we collect on any “aging” invoices
- Work with employees to submit time reports in a timely manner
- Review all timesheets to ensure accurate processing and client billing
- Work closely with project managers to modify invoices, and set up projects
- Team up with other Rightpoint business units to facilitate billing & communication
- Support assigned accounts in pulling data and creating reports for presentations
- Reconcile incoming payments with outstanding client invoices, keeping a close watch on any possible irregularities or issues (troubleshoot up and down the system pipeline)
- Entering vendor invoices into Netsuite and ensuring invoices are paid within vendor terms so that we have an accurate view of our cash flow
- Review and process reimbursement of Rightpointer expenses
- Serve as the primary point of contact for vendors and staff with questions about expenses and payables
- Suggest cost savings and revenue-generating ideas, and developing plans to implement them
- Perform operational Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis
- Complete month-end activities as needed, including accruals or journal entries as necessary
Bachelor of Science in Business/Accounting or related field –OR- 5+ years in a professional services firm responsible for billing and collections.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must have 1 or more years of accounting or related experience.
- Fantastic customer-facing skills, with a focus on WOWing our clients and people at every turn
- Experience in a client services type industry (Consulting or Agency Environment), as well as system knowledge (including OpenAir and Netsuite), a plus!
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Proactive problem solver
- Detail-oriented working style – obsessed with ensuring that everything ticks and ties
- Superior organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and know when to ask help from other operations team members as needed
- Strong work ethic with a flexible approach to meet changing responsibilities and priorities
- Be able to communicate technical problems in a simple manner
- Must be a team player
Who We Are:
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We’re a start-up at heart and we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!, Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain’s Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.