Group Design Director (Interaction/UX) - Oakland or Santa Monica
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Azek, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a talented Group Design Director to join either our Oakland or Santa Monica office. Will have responsibility for the West Coast. If you always see the bigger picture and excel at driving interdisciplinary teams forward then we would love to talk to you. Group Design Directors at Rightpoint lead and manage the most complex and innovative projects in the agency. They shape solutions that may be used by millions of people. They are skilled client partners and responsible for growing the broader Interaction and Visual Design teams and their skillsets. This role is meant for people that are true change agents and are constantly seeking out new ways to strengthen Rightpoint as a whole.
If you would like to surround yourself with people that share the same passion for design and exploration, please see how you align with the needs listed below.
What you need to have:
- An amazing online portfolio that showcases multiple types of projects and solutions across large accounts
- 10-15 years of professional experience in the experience design field
- Ability to unravel multi-level complex problems that are massive in scale
- Exceptional senior client management skills
- Ability to lead projects and teams, while at the same time being excited to also roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty in the work (we are a very hands-on company at all levels)
- A mastery of Interaction or Visual Design and ability to direct all phases of the design process
- Phenomenal presentation skills
- Experience leading, mentoring and growing design teams both within Interaction or Visual Design and beyond
- Advanced research methodologies and analysis
- Agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
It’s also great if you have:
- Deep knowledge around marketing technology stacks
- Media editing capabilities (for research documentation)
- Local or National design community connections
- A super awkward story you can share about that one time you met a celebrity
Who We are:
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We’re a start-up at heart and we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!, Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain’s Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint:
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You:
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.