Diesel Technician Intern
- Utah Transit Authority is offering Diesel Mechanic Scholarships and internships to Diesel Mechanic students.
- Make all levels of repairs to our public transit vehicles under the supervision and assistance of a Maintenance Instructor.
- Assist in the day to day transit vehicle maintenance work within Meadowbrook garage located in South Salt Lake City.
- This a part-time position and recipient will be expected to work approximately 20 hours per week
- Up to $3,000.00 per semester for tuition, books and fees
- Approved Programs: Salt Lake Community College, Tooele Technical College, and Davis Technical College
- Currently attending and enrolled in a Diesel Mechanic Program
- Provide a letter of recommendation from an instructor or Academic Adviser
- Provide a one-page statement addressing educational and career goals relation to Diesel Mechanics
- Scholarship recipients must maintain good academic standing
Internships are offered in conjugation with scholarship on a semester basis.
This job requires regular and predictable attendance
- OR -
An equivalent combination or relevant education and experience.
Shift: Intern will receive paid on job work experience and training, with shift and schedule to suit intern's current class requirements.
Pay Rate: $16.844 per hour
Close Date: Open Until Filled