Director Risk Management
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 31 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Help us transform the Southern California Industrial Real Estate landscape!
The Director, Risk Management will report to the General Counsel in either the Brentwood office or the Orange County office. The Director, Risk Management has the exciting opportunity to help design this important new role to champion risk management policies and processes for the organization.
Director, Risk Management Responsibilities Include:
- Conceive and implement key process improvement initiatives to mitigate strategic risks
- Work with the General Counsel to implement a best-in-class enterprise risk management (ERM) system
- Analyze and provide critical review of risk information that will be presented to executive management and the Board for completeness and accuracy
- Work on ad-hoc analysis and/or reporting assignments related to aggregate ERM reporting as requested by business partners
- Work on department initiatives to mature various aspects of the risk governance and risk reporting process
- Oversee and track property risk over the asset’s lifecycle, from upfront environmental due diligence and risk analysis to remediation obligations to tenant exit environmental audits
- Coordinate cohesive risk avoidance and insurance solutions with environmental counsel, brokers, and consultants
- Responsible for insurance program management and renewal process, including application of best practices to our portfolio and vendors
- Contract review
- Coordinate insurance claims and tracking
- Develop and deliver risk training
Director, Risk Management Requisite Skills:
- Expertise on the principles of enterprise risk management and enterprise resilience
- 5 years of experience as a risk manager or broker in commercial real estate
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance
- Strong knowledge of environmental risks related to real estate a plus
- Strong analytical, consultation and communication skills, with ability to communicate complex issues and manage key senior level stakeholders and business partners
- Ability to work across departments to anticipate and manage risks
- Excellent time management skills
- Heavy business analyst/qualitative skills in gathering and presenting information
- Proficiency in data analytics, preferably in risk and control data analysis, in particular the ability to incorporate and understand mass information from a variety of sources to recommend a course of action
- High attention to detail, confirming the accuracy of information in work product
- Problem-solving skills, able to anticipate potential obstacles and develop contingency plans to overcome them
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.