Regional Leasing Director
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 30 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California.
Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting, so come help us transform the Southern California Industrial Real Estate landscape! This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative fast-growing, dynamic REIT within the Leasing Department as a Regional Leasing Director. This individual must demonstrate a superior organizational and entrepreneurial ability along with 7+ years of experience in an institutional leasing environment.
The Regional Leasing Director will oversee the daily leasing efforts throughout their portfolio, and will work with the VP of Leasing and other in-house Leasing personnel to drive leasing activity for new and renewal industrial lease transactions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for oversight of the full cycle of the leasing process from initial inquiry to lease completion, utilizing the external brokerage community together with in-house legal, leasing, construction, and property operations personnel.
- Management and oversight of third-party listing industrial brokers to ensure that properties are being marketed effectively, keeping a close eye on developing and implementing the marketing program and “call to action” plan for each space throughout the assigned regional portfolio
- Identify, qualify, originate, and negotiate letters of intent and new / renewal lease documents across a large and dynamic tenant base within a specified regional territory
- Provide input on the annual property budgets together with monthly market leasing assumptions and re-forecasting guidance to ensure senior management and internal finance teams understand the leasing environment at any given time
- Manage the execution and tracking of all required lease deliverables including tenant financial information, credit reports, letter of intent, lease document, monies due upon execution, and certificate of insurance
- Draft / review / manage the process associated with letters of intent, Non-Disclosure Agreement / Confidentiality Agreement forms, third party listing agreements, and various other lease related documents for submission to existing and/or prospective tenants as well as third party brokers
- Evaluate value-add opportunities through upgrading tenant quality and/or executing on re-positioning efforts, working alongside the property management and construction teams
- Coordinate with acquisitions team members on new buying opportunities, and provide direction throughout the pre-development and entitlement process for proposed acquisitions / developments;
- Track new and expiring leases, provide regular and frequent status reports to all parties, and ensure timely execution of all required documents
- Research, analyze, and provide direction concerning prospective tenants based on use, credit / financials, tenant mix, and budgeted rate / occupancy guidelines
- Conduct market research on a regular basis to stay informed of market rents / trends, competing property specifics, recently completed transactions, etc
- Coordinate with property management, construction, and acquisitions departments within Rexford in order to execute the business plan on each space throughout the portfolio
- Periodically audit marketing material on LoopNet / CoStar / AIR listing services to ensure all details are correct
- Must be an agile quick learner with the ability to manage a high volume of lease transactions with a persistent sense of urgency and attention to detail
- 7+years working within Industrial Leasing in So CA.
- Exceptional oral, written, and analytical skills as it relates commercial/industrial lease terms and forms
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical and organizational skills associated with leasing in a fast paced environment
- Yardi / Yardi Deal Manager / Argus / Excel / AutoCAD experience a plus
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.