Production Supervisor (PM Shift)
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Stafford, TX
- Job Schedule: Monday - Friday 02:30PM-12:30AM
- Starting Pay: $19.50 per hour
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising production employees to ensure production timing, quality, and cost guidelines are being met. They train, direct, coach and lead the production team in the day-to-day operations to meet production, legislative, safety, quality and company standards. The Production Supervisor communicates production goals and objectives to the team in order to motivate employees and maintain high standards of product quality. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure production department(s) operate at maximum efficiency.
- Bring the company's values and management principles alive in the department(s), treating employees respectfully.
- Strategically organize and supervise production department's daily routines, priorities, hours, schedules, productivity, quality, safety and KPI results.
- Ensure timely and accurate production and preparation of food products, to include set-up, staging, change overs, allergen controls, and department sanitation.
- Understand KPI's, department targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results.
- Actively coach, train and develop team to build confidence, implement process control methods, and deliver KPI results. Eliminate daily barriers to support positive results.
- Responsible for interviewing, scheduling, assigning work, reviewing performance, coordinating activities with other departments, approving timekeeping and time off, coaching and disciplining staff.
- Provide direct supervision, development, guidance and coaching to team members. Influences team to get the job done. Develops team members to understand processes, methods, controls and systems. Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict. Delegates assignments to Team Leads or team members.
- Tenaciously address all unplanned department downtime events in order to return site to “Safe, Reliable Operations” as soon as feasible.
- Work in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure a best in class team.
- Store equipment and implements good operating procedures, resulting in minimal equipment damage.
- Ensure raw materials and equipment availability to meet defined production schedules with a minimum amount of down time. Identify, cost, prioritize and execute projects.
- Ensure staff enforce rules, adhere to safety and company policies and procedures, are consistent, fair, act ethically and within legal parameters.
- Support our green waste program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for.
- May complete a variety of routine office tasks that may include typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in supervising manufacturing production, supervisory responsibility and leading a team in a fast-paced food production environment.
- Experience working in a chilled food production environment preferred.
- Advanced education or related degree in culinary arts, food safety or management is preferred.
- Certification and training in HACCP, Food Handling/ ServSafe, Culinary arts, CCP’s helpful.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and weekend work when necessary.
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to motivate and develop team members.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to determine root cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter who is able to accomplish the work and meet targets thru others.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.