Packout Team Member
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Boston, MA
- Job Schedule: Sunday -Thursday from 10:00 AM- 6:30 PM
- Starting Pay: $14.50 per hour
The Packout Team Member will support the pack out of fruits and snacks for the following day's orders. They will fulfill all orders and accurately count items. They will keep their space clean and organized at all times. The packer will maintain proper rotation of products at all times. They will inspect fruits and snacks for quality and bring issues to the attention of the Production Manager. They will support the Production Manager with tasks associated with next day production. They will maintain the cleanliness of the floors in the staging and pack-out areas. They will participate in the clean-up of the kitchen after production. They will also support as needed on the pack-out line. They will monitor food quality standards at all times, frequently tasting the fruit they serve. They will be aware of their menu items 1 week in advance and help coordinate planning and ordering of products related to the pack-out. The Packer position is expected to be an active participant in all aspects of the kitchen, from food preparation to cleanup. The position also carries the responsibility of supporting the administrative processes of Revolution Foods HACCP program. They will maintain the temperature log for the walk-in. The Packer will provide accurate documentation of temperature logging of all perishable food they handle.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the kitchen.
- Ensures proper product rotation of all breakfast, snack and fruit inventory.
- Ensures use of partial boxes in a timely manner. Maintains organization and cleanliness of all equipment used for bulk production.
- Helps maintain budgeted food costs through waste management and reduction.
- Supports the company “Green” waste, compost and recycling program. Maintains consistency in food quality standards.
- Effectively communicates and practices all company policies.
- Responsible for ensuring that every packed item is of high quality and taste before completion.
- Follow recipes carefully. Monitors cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen environment.
- Maintains master cleaning schedule responsibilities at all times.
- Supports preventive maintenance on all equipment.
- Assists drivers with loading and unloading trucks.
- Complies with all state of Massachusetts Health and Safety codes.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- 1-2 years of culinary experience in a busy foodservice environment. Previous experience in a high-volume flight kitchen or school feeding operation a plus.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Advanced knowledge of safe and proper knife and kitchen utensil use.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Serve Safe certification a plus
Physical Requirements Include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
- Ability to work in a refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.